Middle (2-5 years), Senior (5-10 years), Executive (>10 years)
This job is inactive, but you can still send your resume to the company
Job Number RLN
Organization - US ARMY LEGAL SUPPORT ACTIVITY, EUROPE OFFICE OF THE STAFF JUDGE ADVOCATE
Duty Station BUCHAREST, ROMANIA
Grade - 09
Salary Entry: 7000–11000 lei gross/month
Opening Date - 14-AUG-2020
Cutoff Date - 28-AUG-2020
Closing Date - Until filled
- Incumbent serves as the Romanian Legal Advisor for the US-RO Joint Committee, Executive Committee, and various sub-working groups, ensuring the implementation of the current International Agreements with the RO Government, including but not limited to, NATO SOFA, SOFA Supplemental Agreement, Defense Cooperation Agreement, Implementing Arrangements, and any other relevant international agreements.
- Serves as the US Tax Relief Officer, certifier, and trainer for the US Forces and contactor personnel in RO, ensuring tax relief and exemption for all activities and projects under NATO SOFA, SOFA Supplemental and Ballistic Missile Defense Agreement provisions.
- Advices and liaises on the NATO SOFA; NATO SOFA Supplemental Agreement; Defense Cooperation Agreement; Implementing Arrangements and any other relevant international agreements; Memorandums of Understanding; RO criminal, environmental, fiscal, civil, commercial, and administrative law, and the relation and applicability to the US Forces and its personnel within RO.
- Advises, independently researches, analyzes, and provides oral and written opinions on all aspects of RO law and its impact and applicability, in light of relevant international treaties, agreements, arrangements, and other relevant documents to the presence, mission, and operations of US Forces and its personnel in RO on often extraordinarily complex, precedent setting issues and sensitive matters with international and strategic implications.
- Analyzes various regulatory or procedural aspects of the law with particular view toward the interrelationship of legal problems between US legislation, NATO SOFA, NATO SOFA Supplemental Agreement, Defense Cooperation Agreement, Implementing Arrangements and any other relevant international agreements, as well as, various public and private RO laws involving the sovereignty of RO on matters relating to the US Forces, civilian personnel, and accompanying dependents. May attends criminal proceedings involving US personnel and ensures all US Forces receive a fair trial.
- Maintains awareness of relevant aspects of US and RO legislation by searching various source materials, including local law libraries and reference materials available in Romania public agencies, to obtain information on application and interpretations of RO laws.
- Advises on, and assists with the drafting, reviewing, and analyzing bilateral international agreements, contracts, and memoranda of understanding proposed by USEUCOM; USAREUR; HQ, US Navy and Marine Forces Europe; USAFE, other DoD Agencies or other US agencies to be entered into with RO Government Ministries, agencies, local authorities or host nation agencies. Translates complex legal documents from Romanian to English, and vice versa.
- Assist Area Support Group - Black Sea / 21st Theater Sustainment Command as appropriate on legal matters relevant to US Department of Defense personnel and activities in Romania.
NOTE: Incumbent must be able to perform business related travel up to 10% of the time.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Applicants must meet the qualification requirements in the Qualification Standards Handbook as summarized below.
- Applicants must have a minimum of 1 year of Specialized Experience equivalent to at least the RW-08 grade level.
- Applicants must be licensed to practice law in Romania AND they must have a minimum of 2 years of professional legal experience after admission to the bar commensurate with the duties of the position, equivalent to at least the RW-08 grade level.
- Specialized Experience is experience that equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position as described above, and that is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled.
- NOTE: In addition to the specialized experience, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Higher education in the legal field is required, and a copy of the bachelor’s degree ("Diploma de Licenta") must be provided;
- Very good knowledge and fluency in both the English and Romanian language, in order to communicate verbally and in writing, and to translate from one language into the other;
- A valid Romanian driver's license type "B" (copy of it must be emailed when applying for the position, as attachment separate from the application form).
Incumbent must continue to meet these conditions throughout the duration of their employment.
După înregistrarea aplicării, veți primi din partea noastră formularul afișat mai jos. Vă rugăm să descărcați toate cele 5 pagini ale formularului (fișier tip .jpeg) și să completați toate câmpurile cu litere majuscule.
Aplicantii care nu au raspuns integral la toate intrebarile nu vor fi luati in considerare. Raspunsurile trebuie tehnoredactate sau scrise cu majuscule. Pentru posturile administrative sau manageriale aplicatia trebuie completata in limba engleza.
APPLICATIONS NOT IN ACCORDANCE WITH BELOW INSTRUCTIONS WILL NOT BE TAKEN INTO CONSIDERATION:
1. SPECIFY THE VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER, BOTH ON THE FORM AND ON THE SUBJECT LINE OF THE EMAIL MESSAGE;
2. PROVIDE A CLEAR AND DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF YOUR EDUCATION AND PROVIDE A COPY OF ALL YOUR SCHOOL DIPLOMAS AND/OR DEGREES;
3. LIST ALL PREVIOUS WORK EXPERIENCES AND PROVIDE A DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES ASSIGNED;
4. COPY OF YOUR DRIVER’S LICENSE AND ID CARD MUST BE ENCLOSED. DOCUMENTS MUST BE SENT IN AN ATTACHMENT SEPARATE FROM THE APPLICATION FORM;
5. DOMICILE ADDRESS MUST BE INDICATED IF DIFFERENT FROM RESIDENCY ADDRESS;
6. FOR WHITE-COLLAR POSITIONS, APPLICATION MUST BE COMPLETED IN ENGLISH;
7. APPLICATIONS MUST BE SENT NOT LATER THAN THE ANNOUNCEMENT CLOSING DATE, IN A WORD OR A PDF FORMAT, IN A SINGLE FILE.