Assistant Regional Accountant
Entry (0-2 years), Middle (2-5 years)
Hiring candidates willing to relocate
This job is inactive, but you can still send your resume to the company
This role will provide support to the Regional Accounting team by maintaining daily financial and accounting business processes of the EFSG with a focus on standardization whilst delivering excellent customer service.
Provide timely and professional services that support the EFSG SLA, ensuring that the monthly US GAAP financials for the country are prepared accurately and on time.
Financial business partnering
- Contributes on high quality deliverables are provided to all relevant stakeholders within the agreed timescales. performing all tasks as set out in the EFSG SLA master document including:
- Part of a team responsible for Month End closing to a strict timetable for Financials into HFM (Reporting system). Reporting scope includes P&L, Balance sheet, TWC metrics, Headcount and other statistical requirements;
- Support the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statement variance analysis;
- Supports on the preparation of the balance sheet & control reconciliations including investigation of reconciling items to clear in a timely manner.
- Own monthly bank reconciliations
- Own AP and AR reconciliations
- Monitor, reconcile and clear control accounts
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Prepare journal entries as necessary
- Preparation and reconciliation of monthly accruals and prepayments
- Assisting in the month end process leading to the submission of accurate monthly
- management accounts.
- Assisting the Regional accountant with the monthly analysis of variances (BS & P&L)
- Review payment schedules, manual payment requests and approve payments daily.
- Manage individual accesses to the sites banking software in accordance with corporate
- policy and procedures (CP&P).
- Supporting regular financial & balance sheet reviews in conjunction with the Regional
- accountant team.
- Engagement with corporate/internal and external auditors for all local and Europe wide
- Identify and implement process improvements with a focus on automation and standardization;
- Support preparation of EFSG KPI data and dashboards. Work closely with the regional teams and MSSC to clear backlog and aged items;
- Fully engage in training and development initiatives within the team.
- Provide support to regional accountants to train and develop colleagues within the EFSG team;
- Assist with finance projects including integrations as and when required;
- Occasional weekend/public holiday working is a requirement of the role;
- Some travel may be required.
- University or equivalent degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration and/or working;
- Towards a Professional Accountancy Qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA etc.).
- Fluent English language skills; verbal, reading and writing. Other European languages are an advantage;
- Minimum 3 years work experience for a large multi-national organization;
- Experience working in a matrix structure would be of an advantage;
- Knowledge of Oracle, SAP or Syteline together with HFM preferred;
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel, POWER BI and PowerPoint skills;
- High level of curiosity, Mindset of continuous improvement.
Our inclusive company culture celebrates the unique perspectives, diversity of thoughts, and exceptional innovation that come to life when we actively seek to hire and develop the best, brightest team members from all backgrounds. These unique points of view help foster fresh thinking and new ideas, ensuring our continued success into the future.
Imagine being surrounded by intelligent, driven, and passionate innovators all working toward the same goal—to create groundbreaking solutions that leave our world in a better place than we found it. Emerson is a global technology and engineering company providing innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production, protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial and Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency, and create sustainable infrastructure.
A dynamic environment is what you’ll discover at Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $ billion in sales and 155 manufacturing locations worldwide. Together, we’re changing the world, and we have all the resources to help you achieve your professional goals.
Whether you’re an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options, or recently received your MBA degree, you’ll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.