Assistant General Counsel for EMEA Region
This job is inactive, but you can still send your resume to the company
Assistant General Counsel EMEA, Procurement - Job ID: 003112
Corporate Law Department
Honeywell International () is a Fortune 100 diversified technology and manufacturing leader, serving customers worldwide with aerospace products and services; control technologies for buildings, homes and industry; automotive products; turbochargers; and specialty materials. Honeywell has more thanemployees in 100 countries around the world and has a demonstrated heritage of innovation and achievement.
The Assistant General Counsel EMEA will work in the Corporate Law Department to support the Procurement COE EMEA and report to the VP & General Counsel, ISC, IT, FT & Global Operations and matrix to the VP & General Counsel, EMEA. This position will be based in Bucharest, Romania.
• Working in a global environment as part of a diverse global team on a wide range of legal matters and contract types.
• Providing negotiation, contracting, and dispute resolution support for the Indirect Procurement COE for EMEA, which includes IT & Telecom, Purchased Labor & Services, Operation Supplies & Facilities, Transportation & Logistics, Travel & Meeting Solutions, Capital Equipment, and Direct Materials.
• Supporting globally IT contracting and IT compliance on software audits and related matters.
• Pro-actively driving contract excellence and standard work, translating global contracting standards for EMEA (think global, act local).
• Training internal customers to meet internal requirements.
• Engaging with internal Procurement customers to understand contracts’ scope and context and conduct review with commercial understanding of the transaction.
• Providing guidance and oversight to India Contracts Team.
• Providing advice on a wide range legal and business matters to VP Procurement EMEA and other internal functional stakeholders.
• Driving a culture of compliance, identifying and reporting critical issues; seeking to discover and communicate unstated needs and expectations clearly to the internal customer.
• Supporting various matters and projects for One Honeywell EMEA Law Department
• Serving as business minded legal partner for projects across all Strategic Business Groups (SBG) of Honeywell providing swift, direct, and pragmatic assistance on contracts and other legal matters.
• Ability to independently work in direct alignment with internal customers with limited supervision.
• Driving intelligent risk taking to enable smart and fast deals.
• Capable of working on a global front with excellent understanding of EMEA environment.
• Taking on and owning pro-actively a full range of supplier facing contracting responsibilities.
• Developing and maintaining strong working relationships with internal customers while ensuring top-class service and high customer satisfaction.
• Working collaboratively with diverse and multinational teams.
• Leveraging collaborative networks and experiences to increase functional knowledge and expertise.
• Passion to drive process improvement and productivity initiatives.
• Promoting an environment of high performance.
Please be advised this role will require up to 10% of international travel time.
Skills & Experience
• Law degree with post qualification 5+ years of practice in major law firm
• Experience working in a multinational company with experience in international commercial contract drafting, review and negotiations, preferably in the IT industry.
• Excellent knowledge of EU legal system especially on contract related matters, hands on knowledge of common law system a plus.
• Passionate, dynamic personality willing to pro-actively drive matters as part of a global team.
• Proven business acumen and willingness to gain a good understanding of Procurement environment
• Strong work ethics and attention to details
• Pragmatic and process driven, Six Sigma knowledge a plus
• Excellent communications skills in Romanian and English (both oral and written); additional European language a plus.
• Excellent interpersonal, organization, and analytical skills with ability to anticipate informational needs of diverse audiences and tailor communications appropriately.
• Integrity, loyalty, and strong focus on compliance with internal standards and policies.
• Ability to mentor, coach, develop and motivate at both an individual and team level.
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Let us invest in you! We offer …
- career progression opportunities in our international company
- the chance to make an impact, bring your value and leave your mark
- competitive remuneration and benefits package
Let us challenge your expectations! Hit the SUBMIT button and join our fast growing team!
Want to learn more? Visit:
Our career website:
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status. - See more at:#