- The Area Manager will be directly responsible for the provision of food services in a prestigious high specification office (manage the inventory and order food and beverages, equipment, and supplies)
- Oversee food preparation, portion sizes, and the overall presentation of food
- Inspect supplies, equipment, and work areas
- Ensure employees comply with health and food safety standards and regulations
- Investigate and resolve complaints regarding food quality or service
- Schedule staff hours and assign duties
- Maintain budgets and payroll records and review financial transactions
- Establish standards for personnel performance and customer service
Business skills.ood service managers, especially those who run their own restaurant, must understand all aspects of the restaurant business. They should know how to budget for supplies, set prices, and manage workers to ensure that the restaurant is profitable.
Customer-service skills.ood service managers must be courteous and attentive when dealing with subcontractors. Satisfying customers’ dining needs is critical for success and ensures customer loyalty.
Detail oriented.anagers deal with many different types of activities. They interact with suppliers, workers, and customers; they make sure there is enough food to serve to customers; they take care of financial records; and they ensure health and food safety.
Leadership skills.anagers must establish good working relationships to ensure a productive work environment. This may involve motivating workers, resolving conflicts, or actively listening to complaints or criticism from customers.
Organizational skills.ood service managers keep track of many different schedules, budgets, and people. This becomes more complex as the size of the restaurant or food service facility increases.
Problem-solving skills.he ability to resolve personnel issues and customer-related problems is imperative to the work of managers.
Speaking skills.ood service managers must give clear orders to staff and be able to explain information to employees and customers.