The employer is not currently actively recruiting for this position, but you can apply for the ad.
Applications Support Engineer
Middle (2-5 years)
This job can be done remotely
It is the beginning of your career and your desire to develop makes you look for such a company where to have interesting learning this is so, we are happy to welcome you to our team!
- Operate the systems portfolio on client premises – custom applications running on Windows and Linux servers in a 24x7 environment (including shifts)
- Incident management and resolution following Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Alert management from automated systems
- Manage escalation of issues to other teams and ensure resolution is reached
- Monitoring the environments in portfolio, deploy application(s) and patch updates to development, QA and production environments following published Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Evaluate the need of and deficiencies including capacity and performance management and planning
- Interface with the internal clients
Critical Hiring Criteria:
- Previous relevant experience with Linux or Microsoft Enterprise solutions.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English
- Familiar with (or good understanding of similar technologies – minimum 1 year experience per technologies) at least of 3 of the following:
- Microsoft Windows Server (2008 R2 and above) or Linux (Centos and RedHat)
- Microsoft IISApache
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Monitoring tools and principles
- Microsoft Powershell
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Very good understanding of IT processes (Incident and Problem management, Change management). Ideally ITIL Foundation certified.