Application Protocol Engineer for ATI
* all languages are compulsory
More info on our product can be found here:
About the project:
Cyperf is our newest Distributed, Elastic Performance and Security Testing solution that uses Keysight next gen cloud-native traffic engine to simulate complex real-world traffic scenarios targeting both physical and cloud infrastructure such as web application firewalls, next generation network firewalls, server load balancers, proxy servers, etc.
About the team:
Currently we are a senior team of 7 working in an Agile environment with a strong emphasis on communication.
- You will incorporate RFCs or other specifications on well-known protocols into the next generation products utilizing Python;
- For application protocols that are either proprietary or undocumented, you will setup an infrastructure to capture the traffic to understand the protocol, reverse engineer it, and incorporate it into the product.
- Identify and investigate application data to develop patterns (application signatures) that can detect and classify applications as part of proprietary discovery intelligence technologies.
To be successful you should have good work experience with:
- Programming skills in Python.
- Deep understanding of the TCP/IP stack and OSI model;
- In-depth knowledge of protocol analyzers (. Wireshark, Fiddler);
- Knowledge of application layer protocols;
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Previous experience with Jira and Agile
- Previous experience with version control software (Git/Bitbucket is a plus).
Nice to have:
- Network protocol development experience;
- Working knowledge of XML;
- Understanding of application data encoding and reverse engineering
- Experience with unit testing;
- Experience with Continuous Integration;
- Experience with TDD;
- Experience with tools such as Vagrant, Docker, and/or LXC;
How will this project benefit you?
- In this position you will get the chance to identify, research and implementing well-known application and protocols on the Internet.
- You will dive deep into the packet of client-server communications to understand how applications and protocols work.
- You will have the opportunity to enhance your skills and expertise on developing application protocols, reverse engineering techniques and application flow signatures.
Keysight is on the forefront of technology innovation, delivering breakthroughs and trusted insights to the world’s
visionaries and innovators in electronic design, test, manufacturing, and optimization. Our ~14,000 employees
create world-class solutions in wireless communications, 5G, automotive, quantum, aerospace, defense, and
semiconductor markets for customers in over 100 countries.
We’re recognized as a Great Place to Work across the globe due to our robust culture and dynamic working environment. Our global team acts as “One Keysight,” using collaboration, inclusivity, and integrity to advance technology. We’re driven and curious, and we value all ideas, especially bold ones. And our strong culture extends far beyond our own walls. We leverage our corporate social responsibility framework to support our communities, nurture the next generation of engineers and promote environmental sustainability.
Our technical solutions – and our methods for creating them – help connect and secure the world!