Application Operations 2nd line engineer
#Linux #oracle_db #scripting #passion #apache #WebLogic #SSL #ownership
Sounds familiar? If your answer is YES, join our brand new Application Operations 2nd line Team!
You will be part of a team where we value and offer respect, celebrate success, recognize performance and assure work-life balance. Collaboration and customer obsession is part of our DNA.
This is your chance to operate the latest technologies in IT and use your analytical thinking to understand how the service works and your creativity to improve it for an awesome customer experience.
Are you Ready?
Maintain User Management tool and processes in operation and compliance with Vodafone and security policies.
Main Responsibilities (what the engineer has to do):
- Perform daily monitoring and root-cause analysis on issues
- Provide customer support for problems and issues related to request and provisioning towards applications
- Resolve and/or troubleshoot issues
- Address issues that could not be resolved by the User Management 2nd Level Team to relevant Support teams
- Maintain expertise in information systems including configuration, scripting and User Management tool administration
- Configure WebLogic proprieties for Oracle environments and build scripts for environment and operational needs
- Perform functional, operational and E2E Tests
Core competencies, knowledge and experience (competencies required or nice to have):
- Know and understand existing User Management tool, interfaces and user management processes
- Ability to understand business, interact with user and support teams and contribute with solutions to resolve critical issues
- Strong systems/process orientation with demonstrated analytical thinking, organization skills and problem solving skills
- Expertise in analyzing errors in Logs on system level
- Excelent communication skills - verbal and written ability to interact with users and all support teams of the organization when required
- Excellent analytical problem solving and decision-making skills within technical areas - Successfully operate in an on- and off-shore model that provides development and/or support solutions in the assigned area(s) of responsibility
- Lead and manage multiple priorities, with the ability to prioritize tasks across different work efforts (Competency - specific for the Team lead)
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Desired competencies, knowledge and experience (competencies required or nice to have):
- Hands-on experience using Oracle Middleware 11G / 12C and Weblogic
- Experience in configuring, administering and maintaining Oracle Middleware
- Experience in configuring SSL and SSL certificate key stores
- Configuring components, policies, steps and alerts
- Start and support certification (SOX) campaigns
- Oracle/SQL: Select statements about schemas; table joins
- Script creation for monitoring: Shell, SQL, java
- Good knowledge to change SQL/Java scripts
- Knowledge Unix, Linux
- Knowledge WebLogic
- Database:common knowledge/understanding of Oracle DBs
- Application server:
- support UAM- / SOX-audits