Application Engineer for Simulation – Structures
This job is inactive, but you can still send your resume to the company
The Application Engineer for Simulation – Structures Team will assist the Product Development Manager and Product Line Manager in the definition and development of forthcoming 3D Simulation products based on the NX CAE platform. The products encompass several attributes including Acoustics and Vibration, Structural Analysis, Multi-body Simulation and more. The current position focuses more specifically to the general pre and post processing including unified assembly modelling for FE and Multi-Body Simulations.
• Support the execution of the Strategic Planning Process (PPR process), the core process on which NX-based products are being developed.
• Creation of product requirements collected from a variety of sources: market analysis, competitive analysis, specific customer needs and also from the team of product managers within the Simulation Division. The Application Engineer for Simulation – Structures Team collects the right set of requirements in a timely manner, assist in defining individual projects from these requirements and writes the requirements down - in sufficient detail - in Design Specification Requirements (DSR) documents. Software requirement aspects covering Functionality, Compatibility, Usability, Reliability, Testing, Performance, Scalability, Supportability, Timing, Licensing and more, are key to creating first-rate software requirement documents.
• Translate the requirements into product functional specifications as developed by the Product Development teams.
• Provide application-domain technical assistance to software developers so that specifications are well-translated into commercial products.
• Develop acceptance test criteria and QC test scenarios for evaluating accuracy and performance of products.
• Develop collateral supporting material, such as product manuals, training materials, tutorials, etc.
• Follow up on the development in a meticulous way and links to the Product Development teams in a supportive way through proper communication mechanisms including the PTT tools (Project Tracking Tools).
Qualifications & Experience:
• Mechanical engineering degree (university or equivalent by experience) or comparable engineering degree (electrical, industrial, etc.).
• Application experience: at least 2 years practical experience with FE Pre/Post Processors (. MSC. Patran, ANSA, Medina, Hypermesh, ABAQUS CAE etc.) and FE solvers such as MSC. NASTRAN, ABAQUS, ANSYS, LS-DYNA, RADIOSS, PERMAS etc.).
• Experience in Multi-body simulations is a plus.
• Experience in commercial software development is a plus.
Specific personal competencies:
• Attention to detail, accurate, and methodical.
• Result-oriented team player who has the ability to work independently.
• Ability to listen to both internal and external customers to capture requirements.
• Good written and oral communication skills in English.
• Ability to clearly describe and convey complex subjects.
• Good coaching/mentoring skills.
• Strong interest in CAE applications.