Application Database Admin (Oracle&SQL)
* all languages are compulsory
Who We Are – MassMutual Romania
MassMutual Romania – in partnership with MassMutual in the United States – will help shape a culture of innovation and to create the digital products and technology solutions that help people secure their future and protect the ones they love.
Positioning MassMutual for its next 20 million customers and remaining innovative in a digital-first world led to the creation of MassMutual Romania in 2020. With offices in Bucharest and Cluj, MassMutual Romania was established to build an in-house team with expertise in application development and support, quality assurance and data science.
For 170 years, MassMutual has put its customers at the heart of what it does by providing holistic financial solutions, guidance, and education on their terms. Its long-term strategy helps ensure that policyowners and their loved ones can rely on them to be there when they need them most.
If this vision excites you, we are seeking an Application Database Administrator to become a MassMutual team member. This is a great opportunity to be a part of the transformational journey at MassMutual. As we continue to grow our business and look for new ways to engage with customers, technology will be one of the most important enablers to our success and you can be a part of it.
Do you want to be part of a team that encourages your growth, supports your ambitions and makes it a priority for you to reach your goals? Is helping people part of who you are? At MassMutual, we help millions of people find financial freedom, offer financial protection and plan for the future. We do this by building trust with our customers by being knowledgeable problem solvers and prioritize their needs above all else. We Live Mutual.
If this sounds like a fit, we’re looking to hire an Application Database Administrator to join our Investment Delivery Services Business team.
The Application Database Administrator is responsible for the support, development, and strategy of the IDS organization’s database systems, as they provide mission critical functionality to MassMutual’s Investment, Enterprise Risk, and Corporate Finance units. This role supports strategic investment initiatives within these areas and ensures operational performance and recommended solutions are aligned with business and IT standards and operational performance objectives.
Additionally, this role will collaboratively define and execute tasks toward the long-term strategic delivery model.
• Models, develops, and administers complex databases and database systems at the application level
• Establishes, maintains, and enforces standards and conventions with respect to DB architecture, design, naming, back-up, security, and usage
• Evaluates and assesses impact of DBMS upgrades and vendor application upgrades as they pertain to continued stability and functionality. Makes recommendations to management with respect to the upgrade’s adoption as appropriate.
• Will create or modify schemas and subschemas in consultation with application project teams necessary to implement database design and/or modeling
• Will take lead role in guiding project teams to ensure conformity with best practices
• Designs and develops packages, stored procedures, functions, views, queries, and other related jobs to facilitate application access to data
• Responsible for the configuration and settings of each DBMS to maximize functionality, utility, and performance
• Assists or leads troubleshooting, analyzing, and optimizing DB performance issues
• Establish security access best practices and the provisioning model for users and application access to databases
• Ensures databases are protected with a suitable disaster recover solution
• Responsible for production system monitoring of databases and database-driven applications
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science or related field
• 5-7 years, or more, experience with modeling, implementing, and administering databases and DBMS systems
• Must have at least 5 years of experience in the following:
o Oracle12g,11g o SQL Server 2014+
o PL/SQL and T-SQL development
o Application performance tuning
o Data modeling
• Knowledge and experience with data governance and data management technologies and methodologies
• Skilled leading and/ or participating in system design and architectural activities including technical requirement writing experience and ability to lead collaboration for important design decisions
• Demonstrated experience in solution design related to enterprise critical data (. customer, financial, or policy related data)
• Strong collaboration skills with the ability to work in a team-based environment including employees, vendors, and third-party contractors
• Proven ability to provide technical leadership and guidance to less experienced team members
• Strong understanding and adherence to IT SDLC and operational best practices
• Desired experience:
o Vertica o AW Sandor Azure
o Data Guard and/or Golden Gate or Oracle ASM
• Data warehouse experience preferred but not required
• Knowledge of investment security master data and/ or financial data preferred but not required
• Ability to apply technical and business knowledge across multiple business functions
• Ability to work in close collaboration with project/program managers, architects, developers, and testers to optimize the quality of the developed product
• Ability to leverage technical skills across multiple departments and domains
• Ability to effectively estimate time to complete design and development tasks
• Champion the appropriate use of MassMutual's solution delivery frameworks to ensure successful delivery
• Develop resolution for complex problems
• Influence design& architecture inclusive of technical (non-functional) requirements
• Skilled in interacting between internal business partners, internal IT teams, and offshore partners
• Ability to communicate clearly and to simplify complex topics for a wide range of audiences (both written and verbal)
• Strong negotiation skills and ability to address &resolve conflicts diplomatically with amongst customers, internal team members, and offshore partners
• Ability to work through complex issues, identify themes, and develop solutions, intime-critical situations
• Ability to quickly learn new technologies and platforms
• Ability to adhere to project schedules and meet deadlines in the execution of job responsibilities
• Ability to identify improvements in personal efficiency by seeking counsel from more experienced peers/ partners