Android Team Leader
Looking for Premium Talent
Middle (2-5 years), Senior (5-10 years)
English - Beginner
This job is inactive, but you can still send your resume to the company
2Checkout (now Verifone) is the leading all-in-one monetization platform for global businesses built to help clients drive sales growth across channels and increase market share. Our digital services, including global payments, subscription billing, merchandising, taxes, compliance, and risk, help clients stay focused on innovating their products while delivering exceptional customer experiences.
2Checkout was acquired by Verifone, the leading global provider of payment and commerce solutions. Both companies share the same vision: to simplify modern commerce and facilitate frictionless experiences, enabling companies to optimize their business performance.
2Checkout will continue its journey as Verifone, having even greater financial strength, scalability, and market potential.
Interested in joining the team?
We are growing our talented tech team in Romania where we are looking for a Team Leader for Embedded Android development.
What you`ll do:
- Manage and lead the team of embedded developers and QA engineers
- Review new features
- Ensure the team works within the agreed timelines
- Ensure that quality of work is good and meets expectations
- Design and implement functions on Verifone Android platform for payment devices
- Android driver development and adaptation to Verifone specific hardware
- Extend and build Verifone security assets on the platform
- Unit-test code for robustness
- Work on bug fixing, improve platform stability, and close known security vulnerabilities
- Update the platform to newer Android revisions
- Collaborate with application layer teams to understand platform requirements and introduce new features
What you need to have:
- Experience as Team Leader of Developers and QA/Testers
- Solid experience with C/C++/Java
- Good understanding of the Android platform stack and of Android security concepts
- Understanding of embedded HW including SOC support Android, communication stacks and various peripherals
- Experience with Android NDK and SDK
- Proven experience with driver development
- Proven working experience with Android System Development
- Experience with third-party library integration
- Solid understanding of full embedded development life cycle
- Git source code control
Why you’ll love working with us:
- The opportunity to be part of the design and development of state the art payment applications software
- International work environment and a local team in an exciting growth phase
- Unique opportunity for personal growth
- Attractive compensation package with annual performance bonus
- Flexible benefits package with a monthly budget that you can use for different perks (meal tickets, public transportation refund, gym subscriptions discounts, private pension funding, shopping vouchers etc.)
- Private medical subscription (with 2 different medical providers to choose from) for you and your children
- Bookster subscription