Aerospace engineers - GNC
Entry (0-2 years), Middle (2-5 years), Senior (5-10 years), Executive (>10 years)
Hiring candidates willing to relocate
Gross salary / month
1000 - 2000
DEIMOS SPACE is selecting multiple engineers to be integrated in the GNC Competence Centre of the Flight Systems Business Unit at our Romanian branch, to support new growth areas in GNC.
The work of the GNC Competence Centre is oriented to the design, development, specification and validation of GNC systems, for both atmospheric and exo-atmospheric vehicles. As a matter of reference, DEIMOS SPACE activities cover:
- Entry, descent and landing on planets (Earth, Mars) & natural satellites (Moon);
- Launch vehicles;
- Satellite formation flying, rendezvous, and satellite servicing;
- Planetary observation;
- Approach to planets/ asteroids and interplanetary Navigation.
The following types of responsibilities are envisioned:
- Development of novel tools to support GNC solution concepts for aeronautical and aerospace vehicles;
- Design, implementation, specification and validation of GNC systems;
- Involvement in Mission Engineering and GNC R&D projects;
- Participation in and/or support of GNC engineering programme activities (Activities cover phases A, B, C, D & E).
Required: Engineer with at least 1 year of experience in the practical application of the domains relevant to the post (relevant & PhD studies would also be considered).
The position will be tailored to the level of experience and additional industrial experience would be viewed very positively.
- Solid theoretical background in one or more of the following areas: guidance, control, estimation, optimization, FDIR, relative orbital dynamics;
- Practical experience in aeronautical/aerospace GNC/AOCS (experience in ESA/European programmes is welcome);
- Knowledge of Matlab/Simulink.
Desired: Experience in any of the following would be viewed very positively; onboard guidance optimization (. convexification), optimal control (. MPC), hybrid Navigation, satellite AOCS, and satellite operations.
- Capability to integrate and work within a team;
- Initiative, autonomy and self-development;
- Responsibility towards the customer and colleagues;
- Flexibility to travel and/or perform collocations in different DEIMOS SPACE branches.
- Career development in the Aerospace sector. You will be part of an international team that defines how the aerospace sector/programs will look for the next decades;
- Flexible working schedule and possibility to work from home;
- Training programs in-line with the Aerospace sector requirements;
- Team-buildings, meal tickets, fruits, private health insurance at Regina Maria.