Advanced Software Developer
If you are a passionate technologist whose ambition is to work with people delivering leading-edge software solutions, using best in class delivery practices and tooling via a DevOps model for faster to market, customer-centric solutions for our global customers, then look no further!
This role sits within the Delivery and Customer Enablement (DCE) group, whose stated purpose is to ensure the customers’ current & future success by delivering and enabling innovative, customer-centric software solutions. Solution Delivery and this role is key to our ability to deliver state of the art solutions, which support our customer’s successful transition to the world of 5G connectivity and digital transformation. Be a part of our journey and #beyourfuture.
- The ideal person for our team will be experienced in customer solution deliveries, committed to delivering excellent work with excellent people.
- You will join a team that is deploying cutting edge technologies to build microservices for 5G core networks with a high level of focus on CI/CD, Containerization technologies and a DevOps mindset.
- We are keen to bring into the team an experienced engineer who is passionate about solving complex problems and is eager to take on new problems and share solutions as we push forward with our innovative offerings, who continues to develop an appreciation of the wider field of technology outside his/her own specialization.
- Working independently as well as collaboratively, it is core for this person to have a ‘can-do’ approach to teamwork and is available for reasonable level of travels in the EMEA region.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience as a Java Developer.
- Previous DevOps experience and customer integration experience.
- Experience working with Agile, Lean development methodologies.
- In depth understanding of telecom networks and technologies.
- Experience working on multi-threaded applications delivered in a UNIX environment (preferably Linux).
- Previously scripted in languages such as Shell, Python, Ruby.
- Experience with XML, SOAP, REST and TCP/IP protocols.
- Experience of the following programming and source code tools: Eclipse, GIT, SVN.
- Expertise of writing unit, integration, systems and performance tests is a must, as well as a demonstrable analysis capability.
- Previous experience in mentoring junior developers.
- A proven track record of delivering complex solutions to multiple customers, from defining requirements to deploying a solution.
- A relevant Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent degree and a curiosity to learn more.
Nice to Have:
- Experience in a variety of technologies, possibly focusing on a particular expertise.
- Familiarity with cloud native environment and building DevOps pipelines –incorporating technologies like Docker and Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of telecommunication applications.
- A broad understanding of telecommunications, especially OSS & BSS.
Skills You Will Bring to the Team:
- Above all else, you will have excellent analytical, communication (both oral and written) and organizational skills and the ability to run multiple tasks at a given time.
- You have a clear ability to set technical priorities and are comfortable making decisions on how best to deliver these.
- An ability to influence key stakeholders and get buy in on technical decisions.
- Positive, solution-focused attitude and you aren’t afraid of a challenge.
- Collaborate effectively in a team and open to exploring all technical design options.
- Ability to provide technical guidance to your team.
- A burning desire to ‘be your best’ and work in an environment where you can really have an impact.
About Orion Innovation:
Orion Innovation is a leading digital transformation and product development services firm with more than 25 years of activity. Headquartered in Edison, New Jersey, the company has a global team of over 4,750 associates, with engineers in 11 major delivery centers spread across the Americas, Europe, and APAC region.
Orion operates in a broad range of industries such as: financial services, professional services, cyber security, telecommunications and media, consumer products, automotive, industrial automation, professional sports and entertainment, life sciences, ecommerce, and education.
The main focus is to be an agile and trusted partner for business transformation initiatives, providing deep emerging technology, digital design and domain expertise.
*Only suitable candidates will be contacted.