As member of our team, you will be responsible to:
• Act as the purchasing representative inside the project teams, you will actively support the projects from acquisition phase by assessing the target costs of the Bill Of Materials,
• Interface to Commodity Management, Business Units (Bus)/R&D and Plants
• Drive the corresponding sourcing of new components from the acquisition phase of the project, up to the industrialization of new projects, including major changes in make market, analyze future material needs of BUs'
• To achieve material costs of the components, targeting the achievement of profitability for the complete Bill of Material.
• Perform project related material costs from initial calculation until Start of Production (SOP) and Ensure that Purchasing and suppliers are involved early in the process
• Calculate and achieve Bill of Material costs based on data and estimations elaborated and in cooperation with Engineering team; Control BoM (Bill of Material) cost on each maturity step of the project, or for each change. Define measures to close the gaps to target BoM.
• Develop cost optimized concepts considering material, manufacturing, development
and quality costs;
• Develop cost reduction potentials for development projects and Cost Reduction Programs
• Provide purchasing support for technical changes up to SOP
• Provide support on local purchasing topics for market analysis and localization efforts, and visit potential suppliers
• Be continuously involved with all relevant departments (Target Costing, Development,
Controlling, Strategic Purchasing, Supplier Quality);
• Lead the process of sourcing for new components, send RFQ’s, and analyze offers, clarify technical topics with Suppliers;
• Drive sourcing decision with relevant departments.
• Follow up on supplier and material status during the product development phase in order to ensure acquisition in time, and to avoid delays on SOP.
Frequently used tools: Outlook, MS Office, Continental Automotive Tools, SAP, Purchasing Tools
A mentor will support you to stepwise take over responsibility after an initial training phase which will familiarize you with our products, tools, processes, and organization.
• Degree in business Administration, Economic or Engineering field
• Experience in Purchasing – (mechanic parts and/or electronic)
• Interested in technical aspects
• Advantage of Automotive experience
• Knowledge in project management
• Drive, passion for a challenging environment
•Very good communication and networking skills
• Experience working with interdisciplinary teams
• Very good Microsoft Office skills
• Business fluent language skills in English (spoken and in writing), German is a plus
• Ability to negotiate and operate in different cultures and to work under pressure
• Willing to travel
What we offer
▪ Integration Program in a Professional & Dynamic Team;
▪ Competitive Salaries & Benefits based on performance;
▪ Professional Development Opportunities;
▪ Health & Wellness;