Accounts Receivable Specialist
Remote job (the activity is performed from home)
The higher education industry is a growing market and QS has established itself as the global leader in higher education events and intelligence. We provide recruiting platforms for Business Schools, Universities and employers to meet with talented individuals, for their academic programmes and career development. We are also known worldwide for the QS World University Rankings.
We are currently looking for a motivated finance professional to join our global team initially in the position of Accounts Receivable Specialist, we are looking for a flexible candidate with solid accounting skills who is strong in both AR and is open to a flexible approach to this very interesting and demanding role.
Working as part of a global finance team, reporting to the Finance Operations Manager based in our London office, you will take on a broad and challenging role:
• Ensure accurate and complete billing within cycles in place.
• Chase debt by communicating with customers via phone, email or mail to follow up on issued invoices and overdue payments.
• Maintain and update all collection and dispute logs.
• Allocate accounts receivable receipts.
• Resolve queries promptly, this will include logging and rebilling of invoices and issuing of credit notes.
• Journal GL accounts correction.
• Flag any credit issue with the Accounts Receivable Supervisor.
• Pro-active communication with the customers to ensure the invoice is received and payment made on time.
• Ensure all letters and key financial documents are filed appropriately.
• Work with wider finance team to help and support day to day and month end activities according to deadlines.
• Provide information and assistance to auditors at the year end.
• Assist with the implementation of new projects and developments in the receivables area.
• Build good strong relationships with customers and all internal stakeholders.
• Provide other ad hoc assistance on request.
We are looking for:
• Extensive Accounts Receivable experience
• You will need to have strong Excel skills, including pivot tables and vlookups
• Knowledge and skills of basic accounting
• Attention to detail with a commitment to high quality and accuracy
• Planning and prioritising skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to handle confidential information
• Previous experience of NetSuite would be advantageous