ACCOUNTANT, FINANCE TEAM, ROMANIA
Middle (2-5 years)
This job is inactive, but you can still send your resume to the company
Sustainalytics is a leading ESG and corporate governance research, ratings and analytics firm. We help investors around the world with the development and implementation of responsible investment strategies. The firm partners with institutional investors, pension plans, and asset managers that integrate environmental, social and governance information and assessments into their investment decisions.
Headquartered in Amsterdam, Sustainalytics has offices in Boston, New York, Bucharest, Frankfurt, London, Paris, Singapore, Timisoara and Toronto, with over 200 staff members, all with various levels of expertise across the ESG and corporate governance fields. In fact, through the Thomson Reuters Extel’s IRRI survey, investors selected Sustainalytics as the best independent responsible investment research firm for three consecutive years, 2012 throughIn, Sustainalytics was named among the top three firms for both ESG and Corporate Governance research.
We are a growing firm with a broadening global footprint and an increasingly important role within the investment decision-making process. Come join us and work alongside some of the best professionals in the business!
Job Type: Full-time
Employment Type: Permanent
Reports to: Controller, based in Timisoara
Start date: ASAP, no later than April 1st, 2016
Number of positions: 1
Our Accountant will ensure the delivery of high quality financial information and organize, and execute, various related workflows.
• Responsible for complete and accurate recording in the system of Accounts Payables invoices;
• Generating and recording in the system of Accounts Receivable invoices;
• Record payments applied to invoices in Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable;
• Verifying, processing and booking expense forms and credit cards;
• Making payments available in the bank system for digital authorization;
• Perform review of monthly Ageing analysis of AR and AP;
• Responsible for providing accurate and clear account reconciliations and prepare the necessary journal entries;
• Perform monthly balance sheet reviews which are internally performed for the locations is responsible for;
• Manage monthly inter-company transactions in terms of journal entries, reconciliations;
• Ensure that reports are reconciled to ledger balances and all designated accounts are under control and movements explained;
• Assist external auditors during interim and final audit;
• Professional qualification in Accounting and/or Finance;
• A minimum of 3 years finance and accounting experience in a multinational context;
• Good knowledge of accounting principles, tax legislation and operational processes;
• Relevant experience working with accounting software platforms and related processes;
• Meticulousness, analytical and attentiveness to detail;
• Good interpersonal and communication skills;
• Fluent in English, level C1 is a must, German would be considered a plus;
• Ability to work independently and proactively in an international team;
• Proficiency in Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint.
• Salary is in the range of 3750 – 4790 RON gross per month on a full-time basis, commensurate with qualifications and experience, plus benefits;
• Outstanding bonus system;
• Medical benefits;
• Dynamic, professional and friendly work environment within a global organization;
• Close collaboration with international team of finance professionals.
Please send a cover letter and a resume (both in English to , citing “[name] – Accountant” in the subject line. All applications will be treated with the highest level of discretion and will be accepted until Monday, February 22nd
For inquiries related to the position, please contact Marcela Vilcan, Controller in Timisoara at or call
Sustainalytics thanks all candidates for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Sustainalytics accepts applications directly from applicants only; no employment or recruitment agencies, please.