Cook Communications, a long-established full-service Public Relations agency with offices across Central Europe, is seeking an energetic and talented Account Executive for its Bucharest office.
We are looking for a self-starter and a team player with initiative and drive. Candidates should ideally have one or two years of PR experience and an understanding of the policy- and decision-making processes of Romania. A good working knowledge of the Romanian print, broadcast and online media is essential. An interest in business, finance, defence and security would be useful. Our new colleague must be computer literate, organised, disciplined and able to deliver to deadline – with excellent written and spoken Romanian and English.
We are a small, dynamic and productive team that works together to support clients from a wide range of sectors, including finance, investment, private equity, defence, security & aerospace, technology, litigation and travel. If you are interested in these fields this position could be for you.
Scope of Work:
Daily and weekly monitoring of the Romanian media on behalf of clients, providing readily understandable English-language summaries of news stories of interest to our clients
Development and maintenance of media lists
Develop and maintain strong relationships with the relevant Romanian press, broadcast and online media at local and national level
Translate Romanian material into English
Translate client materials from English into Romanian
Distribute client press releases and announcements to the relevant media
Assist with occasional event organisation and management
Contribute to PR proposals
Contribute to PR strategy planning
Engage and interact with relevant suppliers
Required skills & experience:
- excellent written and spoken English and Romanian
- highly organised, a self-starter, good at multi-tasking
- ability to work within a small and talented team
- attention to detail and dedication to quality
- solution-oriented approach to challenges
- confident when dealing with international clients
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- ability to explain and persuade
- ability to navigate client politics
- professional demeanour and style
- proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- additional foreign languages would be useful
- a full-time position in Bucharest with one of Central Europe's largest independent public relations agency
- the opportunity to develop your career, expand your knowledge and experience, and to work with a select range of clients in corporate, consumer and financial PR.
- competitive remuneration
- occasional ‘home office’
- PR and skills training
To apply for this opportunity please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you think you are suitable for the position. Your letter and CV should be in both English and Romanian, and sent to:
Founded in, Cook Communications is a full-service financial, corporate and consumer communications agency which delivers Public Relations advisory and services to international clients across Central Europe. We have worked with clients from a wide range of sectors, including aerospace, capital markets, consumer, defence, energy, fashion, financial services, gaming, IT, leisure & hospitality, lifestyle, M&A, private equity, real estate, retail, technology and telecommunications.