2nd level Core PS EngineerEricsson
Middle (2-5 years), Senior (5-10 years)
This job is inactive, but you can still send your resume to the company
Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment and services to mobile and fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment, and more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Using innovation to empower people, business and society, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one. At Ericsson, we apply our innovation to market-based solutions that empower people and society to help shape a more sustainable world.
We are truly a global company, working across borders in 175 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture and an innovative and engaging environment where employees enhance their potential everyday. Our employees live our vision, core values and guiding principles. They share a passion to win and a high responsiveness to customer needs that in turn makes us a desirable partner to our clients. To ensure professional growth, Ericsson offers a stimulating work experience, continuous learning and growth opportunities that allow you to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to reach your career goals.
This Job Role is responsible for the coordination, management and execution of proactive and reactive maintenance activities that require a higher level of support that the one offered by the 1st Level Operations. This shall ensure that the services provided to customers are continuously available and performing to Service Level Agreement (SLA) performance levels.
• Manage networks and nodes within the Packet Switched domain and Evolved Packet Core of our customers. This includes:
• 2nd Level Preventive maintenance activities
• 2nd Level Incident Management activities
• 2nd Level Assurance Support activities
• 2nd Level Customer Experience Management activities
• 2nd Level Problem Management activities
• 2nd Level System Administration activities
• Participate in project activities by implementing new configurations on EPC nodes
• On regular base covering the 7x24 Call-out responsibility
• Provide input, implement and verify improvements in processes
• Verify and implement configuration changes
• Ability to transfer knowledge to colleagues
Competence & Qualification:
• Good understanding of PS and EPC architectures
• Good understanding of GTP v1 and v2 protocols
• Good understanding of following protocols: AAA, DIAMETER, RADIUS, NAT
• In depth knowledge of operation and troubleshooting of EPG, SGSNMME, DNS, PCRF, DRA, NBG, Secure Gateway, Firewalls.
• Understanding of IP routing protocols and MPLS
• Cisco CCNA/CCNP certification is a plus
• Scripting skills in Perl or Shell is a plus
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Presentation and Communication Skills
• Ability to work under strong pressure related to scale of business impact
• Bachelor/Master of science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Information Systems, or equivalent with minimum of 1 to 5 years of work experience