This is an external staff position. Your employer will be a third-party supplier, in service for Microsoft.
Are you passionate about helping customers achieve more? Do you love working in an environment that encourages you to take risks? Would you like to join an elite and distinguished team? Do you want to help us accelerate our own transformation towards a digital organization?
If so, the Technical Support Engineer position in the Microsoft Customer Service and Support Organization is a unique career opportunity for you!
As Technical Support Engineers, we provide an excellent technical support experience to our Enterprise customers. From problem identification to full resolution, we own and handle technical customer issues. Experience in this role will provide great opportunities to interact with beta versions, collaborate with product group teams and improve future versions of Microsoft products as a subject matter expert.
At Microsoft, we share knowledge, experiences, and resources to help each other achieve our career goals and grow both professionally and personally. As a member of our team, you will grow professionally through coaching with experienced mentors and over time, you will become a mentor yourself. Mentoring allows you to learn from the experiences of professionals within and outside of your own area of expertise, and to build a network to help find opportunities that can promote your development.
We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and encourage them to approach challenges unconventionally. People who:
• Are curious and intuitive in their approach
• Are eager to tackle complex issues
• Have a fresh and diverse perspective
• Like to collaborate in multicultural environments
• Have a passion for technology and continuous learning
• Have a genuine desire to help people do their best
You will be part of a team responsible for providing an outstanding technical support experience to our business customers. From problem identification to full resolution, you will own and manage the customer experience over the phone and Web. When needed, you will collaborate with others to engage subject matter experts, Engineering (Product Groups) or Management. Your day to day job will be about providing both technical expertise (either on your own or by involving your colleagues) and about being an excellent communicator and a service oriented professional. You will be given the opportunity to become a subject matter expert in one or more areas and receive guidance and mentorship from your colleagues.
• Scope a customer’s issue by collecting the relevant facts and investigate the problem by doing your own research and by involving other teams as needed.
• Consult and collaborate with your immediate peers or colleagues around the world and with management and engineering to resolve service issues.
• Act internally as a customer advocate.
• Empower customers to find information, self-solve when they decide to, and learn more about Microsoft products, services and support.
• Advise customers on how to gain additional value from their Microsoft products.
• Document your technical work and research to help your colleagues, improve the product, and improve the support experience.
• Maintain a proactive approach to customer happiness, identifying customer satisfaction concerns and managing customer expectations.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Strong experience with Windows desktop 7 and 10
• Strong experience working with Windows code and configuration issues
• At least 4-6 years of experience supporting enterprise Windows environments
• Strong customer service, communication, problem-solving and interpersonal skills
• Self-motivation and an ability to use initiative
• Flexibility and ability to adapt to ambiguous and changing situations
• Fluent in English and any of German/French/Italian/Spanish (written and oral) is mandatory
One Microsoft, One Services
Microsoft Services, with overemployees worldwide, is dedicated to delivering on Microsoft’s mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. We are the voice of support services, the trusted advisor of consulting services, and the source of the world’s best enterprise strategies. Simply put, Services helps customers and partners get the most out of their technology investments. For more information, visit
Join us as a Technical Support Engineer for Windows and be one who empowers billions!