Location: Valencia, Spain
Position: VIRTUAL SERVER INFRASTRUCTURE ADMINISTRATOR
Duration: Initial 1 year, renewable depending on performance and work volume
United-ITs is looking for a VIRTUAL SERVER INFRASTRUCTURE ADMINISTRATOR for one of its clients in the United Nations. The International Computing Centre (ICC) was created in 1971 as an inter-organization facility to provide electronic data processing services for organizations within the United Nations system. The objectives of the Centre are to provide information and communication technology (ICT) services (including training) on an inter-organizational basis.
The successful candidate will provide on-going support to ICC VIRTUAL SERVER INFRASTRUCTURE ADMINISTRATOR and related services and will participate in the automation projects and tasks for ICC and Partners.
The scope of work includes:
• Support the daily administration and design of a large global VMware infrastructure, 140+ hosts and 2000+ VMs and a HyperV infrastructure of 100+ hosts and 500+ VMs
• Create and manage content in VCenter and HyperV; VMs, templates and other vCenter/HyperV objects.
• Perform installations and maintenance of VMware ESXi and HyperV hosts.
• Support the daily monitoring, reporting, alerting, and troubleshooting of complex VMware and HyperV environments
• Support VM availability across sites using VMware Site Recovery.
• Create and maintain detailed technical and graphical documentation using common tools
• Implement automation of virtualized environments using VMware API’s or VMware Orchestrator
• Develop and update procedures and documentation
The scope of work includes “stand-by” services on a rotation basis during weekends, holidays and outside of normal working hours.
• 4+ years of experience in system administration of VMware, Windows and Linux
• Good knowledge of VMware infrastructure
• Good knowledge of VMware ESXi,
• Good knowledge of Windows HyperV 2012
• Good knowledge of Windows 2012
• Good knowledge of shell scripting (PowerShell, Perl, bash, …)
• Good knowledge vCenter Operations Manager and other monitoring tools for alerting and troubleshooting
• Knowledge of Storage Area Networks, LAN, WAN, SQL and Internet technologies and protocols
• Desirable: Knowledge and experience with VMware Horizon View, VMware Orchestrator
• Desirable: Certifications: VMware, Windows, Linux
• Desirable: Experience supporting, HP C7000, Cisco UCS blade hardware Desirable: Experience supporting NetApp filers, Dell Compellent, HP 3Par
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Proficient in English.