Congress Bookers is seeking for a Travel Agent/Trainee. As a Travel Agent/Trainee, you will be responsible for the successful completion of travel arrangements within CB and client guidelines, meeting the standards of excellent customer service.
You will delight the traveler/travel arranger and all CB clients:
• Responsible for the successful completion of travel arrangements within CB and client guidelines, meeting the standards of excellent customer service.
• Creates reservations for clients to include hotel and land
• Supports one or more accounts.
• Operates within detailed procedures under constant/close supervision.
• Receives direction and supervision from a range of positions, including but limited to the training liaison, training manager, lead travel counseilor, supervisor and/or manager.
• Interacts with traveler or travel arranger, and provides 1st level of support for customer service and technical issues.
• Utilizes CB preferred vendors to maximize profit, and ensures compliance with the clients’ travel policy.
• Adheres to CB standards in delivering customer service including telephone/email etiquette, and follows prescribed customer service escalation procedures.
• Follows company procedures, guidelines and standards in building Passenger Name Records, utilization of tools, productivity, accuracy of work, and attendance.
• Attends staff and training meetings for ongoing updates in the travel industry and office procedures.
• Maintains a favorable working relationship with all other company employees to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate.
Qualifications & Position Requirements:
We are looking for an energetic self-starter with the desire to learn and grow who exemplifies the following traits:
• Student in tourism or geography
• No prior travel industry experience necessary
• Strong computer and keyboarding skills
• Ability to meet and maintain required performance standards
• Excellent customer service and communication skills required