Transport &Logistic Operations Specialist
Einsteiger (0-2 Jahre), Mittlere Stufe (2-5 Jahre)
Brutto-Gehalt pro Monat
1000 - 1200
Anzahl der offenen Stellen
Diese Stelle ist nicht mehr aktiv, aber Sie können Ihre Bewerbung senden
You will be responsible for all aspects of shipment planning and execution, including route planning and calling off and confirming individual loads to freight carriers. Typically involved in one primary transportation & logistics modes – & logistics modes of warehousing, truck, rail, barge. Where issues occur during the shipment, the Operations Specialist is responsible for identifying and resolving the issue by working with Cargill supply chain teams and freight carrierFinally, the shipment execution specialist must ensure that any required information or documents related to shipment execution are collected and recorded during the shipment operation process.
- Securing transport capacity / tactical planning by execute against the Transport & Logistic strategy
- Establishes strong working relationships with Cargill carrier operators and with outside carrier owners/operators.
- Contacts Cargill approved carriers in order to secure availability and capacity for individual shipments.
- All to determine the best approved carrier for executing certain commodity contract in accordance with the distance covered and the freight Provides all necessary shipment information to freight carrier and receive and record confirmation that carrier has accepted each shipment.
- Negotiate spot rate with already contracted services providers, when no valid rates are available or no capacity available for a shipment.
- Participates in sourcing events and maintain a good level of market awareness
- Conducts routine external and internal market research to obtain market conditions on the transportation & logistics industry
- Provides updates on shipment planning status to business unit supply chain people as required or requested.
- Proactively provide forecasts to the carriers, to manage and secure the transport capacity.
- Transportation Shipment Execution and responsible forday-to-day scheduling and reporting of shipments according to sales contracts.
- Follow up with the execution of the shipments. Monitors the status of the loading and shipment and performs track and trace activities to confirm status of shipment throughout the shipment execution process.
- Provides timely communication with carrier owners and operators, terminals, and maintains daily operational contact with clients and carriers on order/shipment informatio
- Manages changes and solves day to day problems by independently making decisions on how best to manage carrier and customer relationships to optimize risks, costs, time, etc. (Examples:– change in pick up location, bad quality of a product, denial of a customer to receive a commodity, re-routing of a travelling truckerates within the transport strategy and resolves day to day issues in resourceful and effective ways and provides recommendations to support improved or cost-beneficial transport movements.
- Handles and tracks claims coming from both Business and carriers in cases of non-compliance with the freight contracts requirementEnsures carrier compliance with Cargill EHS and Food Safety requirements.
- Maximizes efficiencies and effectiveness by leveraging relationships with other colleagues and offices, and provides timely information to sales, customer service, plant operations, to assist with order/shipment changes and optimise costs and
- Provides information about shipment execution with the Freight Audit and Payment employees in order to help them resolve issues regarding freight payments, transport extra
- Responsible for complying with control mechanism in place, and with the relevant functional/business policies and procedures.
- Timely and accurate data input in SAP and Transportation Management System to ensure KPI reporting and use these reports to drive continuous improvement and corrective actions.
- Keeps clear track of all papers and documents proving the execution of the shipment and archives them accordingly.
- Identifies/recommends improvement opportunities between logistics service providers and the busine
- Using comprehensive knowledge of the transportation and logistics industry, makes recommendations according to that knowledge and past experience to provide business partnership.
- Secondary or higher education level.
- Min 2 years’ experience in a Transportation or Forwarder role.
- Experience with advance MS Excel spreadsheet data extraction, SAP & Transporeon.
- Experience managing multiple priorities and tasks daily.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and excellent written.
- Computer literacy. Knowledge of Transportation Management System required.
- Intermediate knowledge of transportation & logistic market and carriers.
- Good understanding of supply chain processes.
- Good understanding of business functions, focused on cost and budget controls.
- Systemic approach to problem solving and decision making.
- Ability to set priorities and organise work.
- Open to change and continuous improvement focused.
- Team oriented mindset.
- To be able to work under pressure and in fast changing environment.
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today.