Come work on projects where your contribution as a technical writer is seen as strategic and an important part of the overall success !
You will create and maintain documentation for business systems like:
- smart home solutions
- multi-tier and multi-channel systems (web, mobile, direct calls ) used by distributed teams for activities like marketing, sales and field maintenance and support
- distribution grid (electricity,gas) management
- IoT ( Internet-of-things) platform
- integration with backend systems like GIS, SAP for invoicing, sales, work orders, etc
- “RESTful“ APIs for mobile apps
The projects are in the energy management field serving an important client on the Romanian and European markets, one of the top 20 Romanian companies, by size.
You will work with subject matter experts (developers, testers and administrators) to write accurate documentation for technical and non-tehnical audiences, in English and/or Romanian.
You should have a background as a technical writer for the software industry with enough knowledge of the terminology and operations specific to operating systems, databases, networking, virtualization and eager to pick up and learn more in this field.
Only writing experience in the IT technical field qualifies you for this position.
You will use tools and proposed layouts for creating and delivering multimedia content in formats like PDF, HTML, Visio, wireframe mockups, presentations and Word.
You will collect specs from various sources , including self usage of the products based on various business use cases.
Some of the cutting edge technologies you will touch upon in your writing are:
- mobile development
- relational and NoSQL databases
- systems: Linux, Microsoft
- 1+ years of technical writing experience with an IT industry background
- Good written English skills
- The ability to find, categorize and organize information
- MS Office or office-like applications OR similar online platforms like Google docs, etc.
- Good research, analysis and synthesis skills
- ability to use online communication tools like : Skype, Lync, email :-) , project collaboration ( tickets, tasks, etc )
Base salary : negotiable, based on experience.
Benefits: meal tickets, annual performance based extra salary.
Informal and relaxed office environment.