Who are ?
At , our ambition is to drive the transformation of our industry and to be the leading global provider of marine support services.. Our values (The 5 C’s – We Care, We Collaborate, We Challenge, We are Consistent, We Commit and Deliver) are at the heart of everything we do and describe how we work and the promises that we make to our customers and each other. We only succeed if we are enabling our customers to be successful - we aim to be a standard setter, shaping the future. We aim to work as one global team, easy to do business with and providing a consistently high level of service. We are always interested to speak with talented individuals - people who will demonstrate our values and deliver great service for customers, whether external or internal.
Overall Purpose of The Job
• To provide requested technical and operational support.
• To maintain, increase and improve the quantity and quality of suitable, qualified and experienced personnel working on ship repairs either seafarers or non –seafarers provided to SeaTec Repairs.
• To assist in preparing quotations and contact with clients when required.
• To assist in organizing movements of personnel
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
• Ensure that all seafarers provided to SeaTec are in possession of all required documents valid for the entire contract period.
• Prioritise and make sure that crew data and movements are updated and available at any time.
• Arrange Class certification for welders dealing with Class Societies and Testing Company
• Issue and / or verify the documentation required for the joining seafarers, according with the SeaTec requirements, as well as all other additional documents required when travelling.
• Based on the request, upon screening the existing pool of seafarers and suitable applicants, provide to SeaTec and/or Clients the proper and qualified seafarers according with the specific of requested job.
• Together with the GM, Operation co-ordinator and Administration analyse the opening of MSO Romania to meet the requests of the SeaTec and, when necessary, all other business opportunities.
• Arrange, on SeaTec request, technical support and cost quotation for the new planned and assigned projects.
• Planning & appointment of personnel to jobs/vessels in accordance with SeaTec procedures, agreed terms and conditions of employment and specific qualification, experience and skills required against job assigned on certain contracts.
• Make sure that proper working equipment is provided to the joining seafarers, according with their assignment.
• Together with GM and Operation co-ordinators, record appraisals (Quality Questionnaires) and select seafarers to continue with Manpower / SeaTec or propose dismissal of unsuitable personnel.
• Identify training needs of Personal safety and Environmental protection and planning personnel to attend these courses with Training Manager.
• Ensure that all joining personnel are briefed and aware of the Safety and Security Policies
• Liaise with the Labour Protection Subcontractor to make sure that Safety and Security induction is given to each joining worker
• Develop and maintain a fair customer service of the MSO Constanta toward SeaTec, and all other Clients
• Collaborate with the GM & all colleagues in MSO to meet a high level of services provided
• Follow up of any Customer complains
• On specific SeaTec and GM’s request, join ships alone or together with the Repair Team(s), when the quantity and complexity of the job requested get beyond the qualification of the usual appointed personnel.
• Graduated high school and Marine University
• Experience in a shipping company, in either the Crew department or Technical department.
• Knowledge of Safety courses
• Organised individual.
• Good knowledge of written and spoken English.
• Knowledge of ISO 9001.
• Flexible, self-motivated, good communication skills, and able to work alone or as part of a team.
• Strong Process/IT understanding, including Microsoft applications (Dynamics, Excel, Word, Power Point).
• Other language skills will be beneficial.
What can I expect in return?
V. Group can offer you a market leading salary and benefits package, in addition to significant opportunities for career growth and personal development. This a great opportunity to join a true leader in the maritime sector - a company that has exciting plans for future growth.