Pre-sales is the function that provides technical product expertise to sales, customers & partners in Oracle. Oracle has a large community of pre-sales consultants across EMEA and APAC that engage in tasks such as:
• Technical demo /POC development, presentations & demonstrations
• Advise customers & partners on how to best use Oracle products
• Respond to tenders
• Interact with product management and the wider SC community about new releases product, new functionality and how to have it positioned to prospects and customers
As a pre-sales consultant you have the chance to develop in a broad spectrum, ranging from product expertise, customer interaction, communication and general IT market knowledge. Successful pre-sales consultants are highly demanded individuals with the possibility to develop a career in many different IT (and non-IT) functions.
The Sales Consulting Centers (SCC) – Solution services is tasked to support EMEA and APAC field pre-sales in a diverse number of ways ranging from answering to tenders, customizing demos, building prototypes to directly supporting partners and/or customers with specific requests.
SCC is looking for individuals with deep technical skills in Mobile application development and Cloud services together with strong communication and presentation skills. Candidates must be a team player willing to work in a challenging international environment.
• Experience with one or more of the following Oracle products:
o Oracle WebCenter or ADF Suite of products
o Exposure to Oracle PaaS services is good but not mandatory
• Sales Consulting or customer facing Consulting experience, with a strong record of achievement
• Good communication skills, both oral and written.
• Ability to understand complex technologies and to explain to others in clear and simple terms.
• Ability to articulate clearly and to the point
• Strong presentation skills
• Ability to work in (virtual) teams. To get a specific job done often requires working together with many colleagues spread out in different countries
• Self motivated, you have the natural drive to learn and pick up new challenges
• Developing custom demos for specific customer opportunities. Translating the customer requirement into a scenario to show to the customer. Developing these prototypes in a very short timeframe
• Responding to Customer Requests for Proposals; Providing savvy technical answers to solution/product questions posed by customers to aid their selection of new products/solutions
• Delivering product training to partners over the web
• Answering technical (pre-sales oriented) questions about Oracle’s products and solutions
• A significant portion of your time will also be used to stay up to date on the latest product releases & Oracle’s strategy. This is done through self study, online training, classroom trainings depending on the topic.
• Engineering degree in Computer Science or Information Technology degree or higher. Equivalent experience
• Experience working in a technical consulting role
What we provide
SCC is a successful, dynamic and collaborative group in Oracle where you will work daily with people from across Europe and Asia Pacific. ou will develop a strong overview of the Middleware business and influence the way in which we sell into that market by helping to develop proof of concept best practices and supporting the Field Presales teams. You will have the enviable position of being close enough to the business to understand the requirements of our customers, whilst also being close to the technology, getting a first glimpse of our new products and working with the engineering teams to hone our products and deliver what our customers need. ou will leverage and grow your skills in the rapidly growing and demanding area of Middleware – a key foundation block of Oracle’s Cloud strategy.
With aroundemployees Oracle provides an environment that enables employees to learn, grow and be successful. Specifically related to the pre-sales role in the shared service centre we provide:
• An environment that is focused on continuous learning.
• Ample opportunity to train on new products and to develop new personal skills
• A combination of deploying technical knowledge and sales abilities
• A challenging and interesting work environment with the possibility for interaction with colleagues, customers and partners across Europe and Asia Pacific
• Attractive salary and benefits
• A fun and varied job
• Excellent possibilities to develop yourself and your career