Part of Vodafone Group, Vodafone Shared Services Romania is a center of excellence offering Customer Service, Technology and Fraud Management services to Vodafone clients from several markets in Europe, including UK, Spain, Italy, Germany, Netherlands or Hungary.
From supporting customers through web-chat or phone in different foreign languages to advanced technologies like Cloud & Hosting or Machine 2 Machine, our ambition is to be admired for operational excellence, simplicity and agility.
We opened for business in 2014 and we have ambitious plans for growth in Romania. This is why we are always looking for talent to successfully support Vodafone clients around the world.
At Vodafone, we don’t just produce innovative products, we develop amazing people too. We’re a brand that loves change – if it’s not happening naturally then we’re creating it ourselves. It’s in our DNA to push forward, to create a better future, to never rest and find new ways that help people communicate. That’s the lifeblood that runs throughout Vodafone. We are driven to empower people. We are committed to helping our people perform at their best and achieve their full potential.
We invite you to join us and start building a career with us!
Define technical requirements, designs, configures and deploys HW / SW (OS) for IT projects that impact IT infrastructure in line with global standards. Provides activities for DESIGN, BUILD and OPERATIONS.
Develops scripts/programs to extend the functionality of IT solutions or automate recurring activities.
Provides operation and maintenance at high quality standards and efficiency for IT equipment (servers, backup solutions) and related equipment.
Optimize the existing solutions by redefining HW architecture or software upgrades to increase efficiency and to meet the new business requirements.
Provides support for implementing new projects at high standards of quality and efficiency.
Projects (local, global)
• Participate in all phases of projects which have an impact on Vodafone IT infrastructure.
• Define technical requirements at HW / SW level for cross functional projects following global standards.
• Design HW / SW (OS) architecture ensuring compliance with the technical requirements of the VF Group. He is responsible together with the project team to design solution for business continuity.
• Implement (installation and configuration of HW / SW) technical solutions and their integration into existing IT infrastructure by global standards.
• Participate in the acceptance tests. Recommends go live (or not) in production of new implementations.
• Develop, plan, test, implement and ensure change control on IT infrastructure (. Software installation, hardware upgrades, etc.) in accordance with standard operating procedures and / or project requirements.
• Provides support and consultancy during the project implementation.
• Interact and negotiate with vendors or contractors to establish the solution design for HW / SW.
• Optimize the existing IT solutions through redefinition or upgrades to meet the new business requirements.
• Design new IT solutions that lead to optimal use of existing infrastructure to minimize costs.
• Develop scripts / programs that help expand the functionalities of IT solutions and automate recurring activities.
Documentation of IT infrastructure
• Management for the server’s physical configuration and operating system.
• Document existing technical solutions.
• Specify technical requirements to purchase new equipment and validate the proposals received from vendors.
• Physical installation of equipment including defining cabling sheet and data room environment needs and controlling the implementation of these requirements.
Administration HW, OS
• VmWare & UNIX systems installation, configuration and monitoring system security and performance.
• Perform proactive maintenance activities based on automated alerts and notifications.
• Analyse and resolve customer requests related to internal hardware and software problems by ensuring a minimum impact in their work and in the agreed service levels and business priorities.
• Designs and implements security policy at the HW / OS.
• Incident Management (diagnose problems, determine the root cause, implement corrective solutions for the incident, status reporting).
Ensure continuity of service
• Define recovery solution in case of disaster at both physically and operating system level. Develop disaster scenarios and regular tests for existing solutions.
• Carrying out preventive maintenance and propose changes in systems that are not productive and will not receive any more support services.
• Ensure that internal procedures are updated and effectively applied.
• Ensures compliance with security standards and operational continuity by tracking, applying and optimizing procedures.
Development strategy of local IT infrastructure VFRO
• Recommend, plan and implement changes to the core IT infrastructure architecture (technology refreshes, capacity upgrades and optimizations).
• Evaluate the impact of cross functional projects in the infrastructure. Make long-term forecasts. Collaborate with network team to ensure smooth functioning of systems in order to meet business objectives.
• Ensure compliance with company standards for core IT systems that are in the support of the team.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
• Experience in managing IT infrastructures >2 years
• Office systems and IT equipment (hardware and software) – advanced
• Solid documentation capabilities
• Problem-solving capabilities
• Ability to work under pressure and with tight deadlines of execution
• Well organized, prioritization abilities and rigorous
• Multitasking focused in results
• Ability to work in remote and distributed teams
• Customer oriented
• English (written and spoken) – good level
Necessary technical/professional certifications:
• Bachelor degree
• IT Systems Administrator, 2-4 years experience
• VmWare certified
• Hardware Architecture
• Knowledge of procedural programming and shell scripting
We offer you:
• Private medical and dental care insurance;
• Life insurance;
• Dedicated employee phone subscription;
• Special discounts for gyms and retailers;
• Project specific training;
• A youthful and multicultural working environment with dedicated professionals and great development opportunities.
Don’t miss this unique opportunity to enjoy a high challenging profile role, to progress in your career and to develop experience within a world leading and multinational organization.
Vodafone Shared Services Center is part of a Global Services Center and will cater for Vodafone operations in different countries, as well as for the Vodafone Group. Our success comes from the outstanding people that make it happen for our customers every day!
We’re at our best when you’re at yours!
Power to you!
***Note: We thank all those who apply; however, only those selected for further consideration in the selection process, will be contacted.
Due to current immigration restrictions, we are welcoming applications from the persons who have the legal right to work in Romania (these means the citizens of EU countries).