Supply Chain Manager
Our Global Supply Chain operates as a unified virtual system with our customers and suppliers by acting as seamless extensions of their operations. We offer customized, flexible and integrated supply chain solutions, supported by a global technology platform and a dedicated, market-focused team.
With leading supply chain capabilities and integrated services tailored to meet our customers' unique requirements, our unified supply chain is adaptive and responsive to continuous change. It is how we help our customers stay ahead in a dynamic market environment.
We are currently seeking a Supply Chain Manager to join our Global SCM team in Oradea and assist us in developing strategic sourcing solutions and bid support for our two dynamic markets: Advanced Technology Solutions and Connectivity & Cloud Solutions.
· Maintains responsibility for the management of site purchasing including meeting customer commits, negotiations and agreements with suppliers, meeting quality and delivery requirements.
· Manages the warehouse and material handling for all site business units, while maintaining appropriate level of security (Includes receiving, count stations, AWS work stations and control room, AWS maintenance, and third party warehousing)
· Responsible for import logistics system team including carrier contract negotiations and import customs clearance.
· Manages relationship with external carriers, customs brokers and third party warehouses including quality, rate negotiation, performance and alternative providers.
· Ensures compliance on all customs regulations and laws.
· Assists with global issues related to customs and traffic.
· Works with other sites to identify and implement cost saving measures.
· Manages case, pack, shipping operations and the HUB export process ensuring export customs compliance to all applicable regulations and laws.
· Manages Celestica HUB export process. Oversees design, development, integration and maintenance of SCM systems, tools, processes and training at the site.
· Develops and executes site inventory management processes including forecasting, analysis, reporting and action plans and drives continuous improvement to minimize inventory costs and provides necessary management reporting.
· Provides guidance and direction to business units to achieve site inventory financial results.
· Responsible for annual physical inventory, site surplus/excess sale process and dispositioning of scrap material. This may include responsibility for several departments including Dock Operations, Traffic, Distribution and the Warehouse.
· May have responsibility for Inside Sales including customer service and orderbook management with focus on achieving high customer satisfaction.
· Drives continuous improvements of SCM function through interactions with other departments.
· Strong knowledge of basic computer applications (in particular, Excel & PowerPoint) and the ability to learn and use multiple applications specific to this department including ERP and office systems. SAP experience would be considered an asset.
· Strong communication and presentation skills.
· Strong knowledge of negotiation practices / methodology for commodities.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks while maintaining attention to detail and accuracy and working under tight time deadlines.
· Ability to evaluate, prioritize and problem solve a variety of tasks to ensure their timely and accurate completion.
· Frequent overnight travel may be required
Education / Experience:
· 5-7 years of experience and knowledge of marketplace conditions for a broad range of strategic commodities including industry pricing, technology and supply/demand trends.
· Bachelor’s degree in related field, or consideration of an equivalent combination of education and experience. Engineering background would be an asset.