Did you know that more than half the people in the world now have a mobile phone? That's 5 billion people! It took 100 years to connect 1 billion places and 25 years to connect 5 billion people. The next step is connecting things. Ericsson enables innovative ways of doing business and shaping the future together, as well as a renewed approach to global challenges such as education, healthcare, climate change and our use of natural resources.
We are undergoing a continuous transformation process to achieve our Networked Society goal. Together, in Romania we create a culture of innovation, constantly transforming to find new ways of working. Thanks to our employees’ curiosity, determination and proactive approach, our technologies have transformed and shaped the future. Opened in, the Global Site in Bucharest is one in only four all over the world, the only one situated in Europe and a vital component in Ericsson’s global services organization. On a day to day basis, the Center services global customers across the globe, managing networks that, together, enable 200 million subscribers to communicate. The Romanian site currently counts on a team of 1,900 strong professionals and enthusiastic young specialists and is developing constantly to meet customer needs. We are passionate about social causes (having a strong Brand Ambassadors Team) and sports (over 20 teams participating in major competitions). Find out more about us and our story in Romania on .
The Solutions Architect is responsible for designs and oversight of applications for their assigned project inside SDU Media. This involves the uniformity of application implementations under their influence, proper performance of those applications, and the team’s developed solutions are within enterprise direction. This position will be responsible for ensuring that software developed meets SDU Media requirements: architectural and quality expectations and requires a knowledge of all applicable business processes.
The Solutions Architect works with the Enterprise Architecture Lead to develop standards and design patterns. This position will work with various IT teams to champion the adoption of patterns, platforms, and architectural tools.
Solutions Architect provides mentorship, developmental feedback and capitalizes on teachable moments to grow others. This position is responsible for the technical training of all associates from SDU Media.
- Design system solutions that meet requirements;
- Provides proposals for solutions to deliver business outcomes;
- Design sweeping applications that impact application environments within their team;
- Recognizes areas of improvement in the development lifecycle and recommend action plans;
- Creates, reviews, and develops software throughout the team’s environment and effectively communicates the rationale behind the designs;
- Designs modifications to existing software, design reusable components, and elimination of redundancy in designs throughout their team’s environment;
- Drives design consensus within the team while maintaining awareness with other teams;
- Develops and delivers technical training and business understanding for developers;
- Drives efficient resolution for system outages as well as performance and functional shortcomings;
- Engages in critical support situations and effectively, efficiently, and quickly drives to successful resolutions;
- Investigates new technologies and techniques and researching ongoing industry developments through a partnership with the Enterprise Architecture team;
- Evaluates the ROI of systems development and enhancements to the IT Enterprise environment and effectively weighs the financial alternatives involved with various technical solutions and proposals;
- Partners with IT Enterprise Architects to assist IT Leadership with the forecasting of technology implementation budgets
- Assists in the budget process to identify the Total Cost of Ownership for different app’s projects;
- Broad understanding of the ITIL business processes implemented across the team’s applications;
- Broad understanding of all aspects of the team’s technical software requirements including security, scalability, and usability;
- Able to develop long-term application plans;
- Able to build consensus and acceptance of improvements and changes to app development patterns, standards, and processes;
- Able to influence the technical direction of others in order to drive all projects to successful completion of the architectural standards and guidance;
- Able to courageously drive strategic initiatives and challenge upward and across the IT enterprise when necessary;
- Proven ability to effectively communicate architectural standards and best practices;
- Ability to drive through obstacles and time constraints to successfully deliver a project to completion;
- Demonstrated ability to compare and contrast alternative approaches to meet objectives while assessing risk both quantitatively and qualitatively;
- Able to effectively estimate time required for technical efforts for projects of all sizes;
- Demonstrated communication skills to include but not limited to verbal and written communication, delivering organized presentations, able to tailor message to the audience, and facilitate group discussions with diplomacy and seek diverse opinions;
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills and performs well in high pressure or stressful situations
- Demonstrated ability in statistical analysis, advanced calculations, and reporting;
- Demonstrated ability to effectively estimate effort, durations and enterprise impact required for large technical solutions
- Ability to evaluate long-term impacts when making recommendations and decisions.
Education and experience:
- Bachelor degree in IT environment preferred;
- 6+ years of app development experience, required;
- 4+ years of database development experience required.
- Transact-SQL and Data models, required;
- HTML/CSS and other web design components, required;
- Programming technical background is considered a plus;
- Relational databases such as MySql, Visual modelling and design tools, required;
- Experience with Source Control Software, required;
- Content Management System preferred;
- Implementing Jira Service Desk business area processes;
- CMDB integration with Jira service desk;
- ITIL basic knowledge;
- Basic knowledge of 3tier architecture;
- BI integration with Jira;
- SAML SSO authentication integration is considered a plus;
- Confluence acknowledgement.
To ensure professional growth, Ericsson offers a stimulating work experience that allows you to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to reach your career goals.
In the Romanian Center we are well known for providing:
•Modern, energetic, global working environment;
•Access to latest technology and ability to work to develop new tools and showcase your bright ideas;
•Opportunities for continuous learning & professional growth and promotion;
•Work in a dynamic company along with the smartest people in the industry;
•Comprehensive benefits package: including premium healthcare & gym subscriptions;
•Opportunity to be an active part of the community via Brand Ambassadors, CSR Activities, Sports Teams etc. which Ericsson is supporting.
Req ID: 207556
Contact person: Daniela Vladulescu,