Oracle Technical Support is dedicated to assisting our customers and partners in resolving problems experienced during implementation, administration and maintaining the Siebel CRM applications. Siebel application and products are mission critical tools for our customers. The support personnel contribute to continuous product and service improvement by identifying complex issues,performing product and documentation reviews, taking initiative for processimprovement and internal systems design.
This role is available within the Siebel CRM organization, which provides support to customers across the whole of the Siebel product, including installation and maintenance, general user and specialist functionality, as well as customization and integration.
• To manage and resolve Service Requests logged by customers on Siebel products and contribute to proactive support activities according to product support strategy and model;
• Working towards, adopting and contributing to new processes and tools (Oracle Web Conferencing,diagnostic methodology, scripting tools, etc);
• Contributing to Knowledge Management content creation and maintenance;
• Participating in Root Cause/Corrective Action activities defined within the product area in order tofurther enhance the customer experience and improve the Oracle product;
• Maintain an up-to-date and in-depth knowledge of new products released in the market for the given product area.
• The ideal candidate should have a degree in Computer Science or an equivalent degree;
• Ideally minimum of 4 years experience working within the IT industry, with a proven understanding of applications at a functional and technical level (preferably Siebel CRM)
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written;
• Strong customer service skills
• Strong analytical, diagnostic, and troubleshooting skills;
• Proven ability to master new products and learn new skills;
• A desire to work in a fast moving and technically challenging environment;
• Self motivated, resourceful, flexible and are looking for a challenging career;
• Ability to work independently as well as having good team skills
• Strong database skills (DB2, Oracle, Sybase, Informix, MS SQL Server) and SQL skills
• Knowledge of operating systems (Windows, UNIX)
• Hands on experience with HTML, Java-Script, VB advantageous
• Internet and website technologies (HTTP, TCP/IP, etc) advantageous
• Knowledge of web services, J2EE, JBoss, Websphere also advantageous
• Experience in supporting client/server applications – Siebel experience a plus