Senior Tax Consultant (Excise and Customs)
Beantwortete 90% der Bewerbungen in den letzten 30 Tagen, in der Regel in 3 Tagen
Diese Stelle ist nicht mehr aktiv, aber Sie können Ihre Bewerbung senden
The Senior Tax Consultant is responsible for managing multiple client engagements and supporting the development of excise and customs practice in EY Romania. Also, responsible for building a team of tax consultants working under him/her on these assignments.
• Stays abreast of general business and economic developments and demonstrates an understanding of the client’s business and industry by recognizing business trends and emerging tax practices and policies relevant to clients
• Works with the client and engagement team to understand the client’s business and customs/excise needs, provides practical implementable solutions and supports and takes ownership for the implementation of these recommendations
• Works with the team to develop marketing/sales strategies and implementing them and also to develop and customize relevant/practical methodologies in the relevant area for the Romanian market
• Utilizes and encourages the application of firm wide methodologies and tools including computer based software solutions
• Prepares memoranda, working papers, and other documents in conjunction with serving the client (., proposals, engagement letters, presentations, final reports)
• Provides guidance to assist staff in reaching their full potential (., willingly addresses questions, contributes constructive on-the-job feedback and training, conducts meaningful and timely performance reviews) and assists them in designing and implementing individual development plans. Develops and coaches people as his/her primary leadership style
• Ensures proper approval and sign-off of the contracts within the firm by the Partner/Manager and with the client before beginning any engagement; escalates any quality issues to the practice and engagement partners and managers proactively and ensuring these issues are addressed at the earliest
• Demonstrates functional expertise esp. in the area of customs and excise duty.
• Bachelor/Master Degree in Economics or other relevant areas
• At least 3 years of experience working as a consultant or as a tax/customs professional in the industry
• Very good technical and practical understanding of excise and customs regulations (both at a Romanian and EU level, including the relevant cases of the European Court of Justice)
• Excellent language skills in Romanian and English. Additional language skills nice to have
• Skills in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.