Senior DevOps Technical Engineer
Mittlere Stufe (2-5 Jahre), Höhere Stufe (5-10 Jahre)
Anzahl der offenen Stellen
Diese Stelle ist nicht mehr aktiv, aber Sie können Ihre Bewerbung senden
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love work, Love life’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day, to help us become a UK top 10 Software company.
Are you ready for the challenge?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and overorganisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
The Access Cloud Transition Services (CTS) Team is an exciting new initiative at the Access Group. The CTS team is responsible for helping our customers realise the potential of their partnership with Access by migrating their current Access Solution from on premise to the We will do this by providing an excellent service and provision of great, user friendly software applications that remove the complexity from business processes and allow companies to grow their business with ease and speed.
The focus of the role is to enhance our data migration tools to accelerate the cloud transition process through improved tools and automation proceThe role will also include responsibilities to provide 3rd line support to our Technicians and Customer Concierge teamur CTS team will be migrating multiple cohorts of customers, across multiple source and destination applications, including Finance, HR, CRM and other products.
- Will have experience of using MSSQL tools, Perl, Powershell and other related data scripting, ETL and data migration tools.
- Relish working in a fast-moving and changing environment and react to immediate customer-related issues, find a resolution and support the broader team in delivering an outstanding customer experience
- Experience of working with programming languages, such as VB, C#, html5, PHP, etc.
- Have a proactive mind-set to both resolving issues and then preventing future similar issues occurring.
- Analyse and critique the current methods and tools available for transforming existing data from our on-premise applications into a format for our SaaS applications.
- Review existing migration tools and methods and provide recommendations for improving performance to the process.
- Delivering 3rd line support to our technical migration teams
- Have experience of working with multiple customer database environments in a technical capacity to optimise application performance, data outputs and reporting, analytics and related data integrity.
- Working closely with our Development and Product Management teams to influence core product roadmap where relevant and solve bugs and issues that occur as we migrate customers to the cloud.
- Providing necessary change and support documentation
Day-to-day, you will:
- Work in a Development Operations structure to achieve successful customer outcomes
- Review, design and develop enhancements to our processes and tools to accelerate the CTS process and ensure data integrity is maintained.
- Actively lead discussions and requirements analysis, and take responsibility for understanding scope, risk and complexity of changes from inception through to delivery.
- Undertake Business Analysis of technical changes to data migration tools
- Source code changes and enhancements to our data migration tools
- Take responsibility for assessing the risk of development tasks, taking into account technical and commercial factors, make risk-based recommendations and decisions.
- Design and develop software solutions to agreed and elaborated requirements using a range of languages and technologies including C#, Powershell and SQL Server.
- Report to the CTS Technical Leader on progress and areas of risk, including metrics where requested.
- Creation of technical and process documentation where required.
- Work in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures.
As an experienced Development Operations Engineer you will likely have the following skills:
- Technology & Tools:
- SQL Server
- Dev & Admin tools
- Powershell scripting
- Database migration tools
- VB / C#
- ETL Data manipulation tools
- MS Excel
- A passion for improving processes and quality of tools to accelerate customer outcomes
- Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Desirable Experience:
What does Access offer you?
- Working in a fast paced, growing organisation with dynamic people who want to succeed
- Excellent company benefits, great social atmosphere
- Training provided in the UK
Become part of our amazing Access family!