Senior Database Administrator
Beantwortete 90% der Bewerbungen in den letzten 30 Tagen, in der Regel in 3 Tagen
Einsteiger (0-2 Jahre), Mittlere Stufe (2-5 Jahre)
Diese Stelle ist nicht mehr aktiv, aber Sie können Ihre Bewerbung senden
Our client is an exciting and disruptive high-tech London-based telecommunications company with offices in Bucharest, Dubai and Silicon Valley (opening soon). The company urgently requires an experienced Database Administrator to join their current expanding team.
Why are they “The Next BIG Thing”? They provide a global membership service that will allow people to communicate unlimited globally using their mobile phones. Furthermore, our client delivers internet content via the ordinary voice and SMS. Result: connecting developing countries to the digital world and improving their quality of life. Do you want to be a part of a movement that will change the world?
- Responsible for the accessibility, performance, integrity and security of a database.
- He/she will also be involved in the planning and development of the database as well as
troubleshooting any issues on behalf of the users.
Our current environment makes use of:
- RabbitMQ Message broker
- Search, index and full-text search with Elasticsearch
- Database Administrator Skills and Qualifications: Database Performance Tuning, Database
Security, Problem Solving, Presenting Technical Information, Quality Focus, Database
Management, Data Maintenance, Operating Systems is a plus, Attention to Detail, Information
- Security Policies
A DBA makes sure that databases have the following qualities:
- data remains consistent across the database;
- data is clearly defined;
- users access data concurrently, in a form that suits their needs;
- there is provision for data security and recovery control (all data is retrievable in an
Typical work activities:
Your level of responsibility will determine the tasks you carry out in the job.
Some work may be pure maintenance while other roles will involve you specialising in
Tasks may involve some or all of the following:
- recommends solutions by defining database physical structure and functional capabilities,
database security, data back-up, and recovery specifications.
- establishing the needs of users and monitoring user access and security;
- monitoring performance and managing parameters to provide fast responses to front-end
- mapping out the conceptual design for a planned database;
- considering both back-end organisation of data and front-end accessibility for end-users;
- refining the logical design so that it can be translated into a specific data model;
- further refining the physical design to meet system storage requirements;
- installing and testing new versions of the DBMS;
- maintaining data standards
- writing database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for
the data dictionary (metadata);
- controlling access permissions and privileges;
- developing, managing and testing back-up and recovery plans;
- ensuring that storage and archiving procedures are functioning correctly;
- capacity planning;
- working closely with project managers, programmers and system administrators;
- Part of a Global Company, opportunities to travel and participate in global events
- Competitive salary
- Fantastic Career progression
- Incentive Bonus Scheme