Senior Backend Developer (KARLSRUHE / MUNICH)
Höhere Stufe (5-10 Jahre), Führungskraft (>10 Jahre)
Târgu Mureș, București, Cluj-Napoca, Brașov, Iași, Constanța, Ploiești, Sibiu, Timișoara
Established in 2004, Tipico is the sports betting market leader in Germany. Headquartered in Saint Julian's, Malta, Tipico offers a wide range of pre-live and live sports betting products delivered through cutting-edge mobile and online channels as well as through a top-class portfolio of approximately 1100 retail outlets in Germany and Austria.
At Tipico's technology division we are open-minded, multicultural and passionate about delivering pioneering software on various platforms. Our teams are cross-functional, self-organized and dedicated to success. We stick to our dynamic culture which fosters creative thinking, end-to-end responsibility and innovative visions.
Our Tipico Technology entity in Germany (formerly named Booxware) has been recognised as #1 in Germany for Work-Life Balance by Glassdoor!
For our main Technology location in Karlsruhe (Germany) we are on the hunt for self-driven individuals who want to join us because they like being challenged and love to work in a highly collaborative and agile environment.
- Collaborate with our multicultural teams to build great products and features
- Conception, design and implementation of modern future solutions based on Spring Boot Microservices
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Identify and communicate best practices in programming
- Build efficient and reusable systems and abstractions
- Flexible, pro-active mindset with an emphasis on quality
- Innovative in both personal and technological development
- Great team player who enjoys collaborating to achieve the goal
- Affinity for agile methodologies
- Quick learning and positive attitude
YOUR KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- University degree in Computer Science or related programs and at least 6 years of experience in Java Development
- Evidence of exposure to architectural patterns of a large, high-scale web application (. well-designed APIs)
- Proven professional experience with Java, JEE or Spring
- Experience with modern Java Libraries (Java 8 is desirable) and tooling is a plus
- Sound knowledge in relational databases and schema design
- Familiarity with microservice technologies, such as Spring Boot
- Basic knowledge of Linux
- Understanding of, and desire to write clean code
- Experience with agile development processes and tools like Jira, Git, Bitbucket, Sonar, Jenkins etc.
- Strong communication skills in English, German is desirable
- Start-up feeling in a high-volume business and working in an exciting growth industry
- Relocation Assistance
- Trainings (internal/external) and further qualifications programs
- National, as well as international, company and team events such as our summer parties - see below!