Scala Engineer (m/f) in Berlin, Germany
Höhere Stufe (5-10 Jahre)
Ich rekrutiere umzugsbereite Kandidaten
Brutto-Gehalt pro Monat
4100 - 4800 €
You code with passion and apply best practices? You like to understand the big picture and not only code? You like when your code has impact and solves complex problems? You are type safe?
Here you would work on a next generation eCommerce platform, together with enthusiastic, senior developers in an agile, international environment and with modern tech-stack (#Functionalprogramming, #Scala).
ABOUT YOUR NEW ROLE
- Design and implement our PaaS e-commerce backend in Scala as well as our core infrastructure components like database mappings, product indexing and web service APIs
- Develop a scalable and multi-tenant architecture
- Analyse product requirements and discuss technical approaches
- Test software components regarding usability, functionality and performance and work closely with Product Management and DevOps
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Computer Science and/or equivalent experience/qualification and at least 4 years experience as Software Engineer
- Deep insights in functional programming and practical work experience with Scala and in developing server-side systems using the JVM
- Solid understanding of parallel and asynchronous programming as well as non-blocking I/O
- Experience in developing REST APIs and knowledge of scalable architectures (incl. sharding, replication, load balancing and fail over)
- Fluent English for work in international (distributed) teams
- Aspiration to constantly improve yourself and learn new technologies, concepts, etc.
- Great team player & nice colleague
THIS IS HOW WE WORK
- Mindset. Modern methodologies and a diverse, creative workspace with an open and international culture.
- Product. Together we create an extendable, highly scalable product with state of the art technologies. Let’s develop something with impact.
- Growth. Learn from each other and benefit from the knowledge we concentrate in a healthy growing company.
- Environment. Flexible and family friendly environment, bright and good accessible offices, modern soft- and hardware.
- Flexibility. Morning person or night owl? Need to pick up your kids from kindergarten? We believe in outcome and motivated employees rather than feeling stuck in the office.
We offer the next generation eCommerce platform - API and cloud based, highly scalable and on every channel. We put outstanding tech knowledge and enthusiasm in a modern, friendly and family oriented environment.
commercetools was founded in 2006 and we have offices in Germany (Munich, Berlin and Jena), the Netherlands (Amsterdam), the US (Durham, North Carolina) and from 2019 also in UK (London) and the APAC region (Singapore). We are one of the world's leading providers of cloud-based eCommerce technology. Our highly available, omnichannel platform enables implementation of complex retail models across all sales channels. The extensive API connects existing processes and technologies flexibly. We offer sustainable solutions for both B2C and B2B retailers. Since 2014 commercetools is a subsidiary of REWE Group. Some of our customers are Carhartt, Merkur, REWE and Medimax.
Join our vision in becoming the number one eCommerce company!
- Can you include your Github profile with code samples into your CV? Thanks a lot!