This position will be a member of the agdigital SAP Application Support Services team, reporting to the SAP Application Support Lead. This individual will lead the support and small-scale enhancement work for our SAP Java WebdynPro, CE and Portal application portfolio. This individual will also be responsible for working with our Application Architects to develop our future state SAP Java roadmap, utilizing tools and technologies such as HTML5 and SAP Fiori. This role will work closely with cross-functional IT peers & business partners to understand business and technical problems and provide quality support. Occasionally, the individual will partner with IT peers and business partners to understand business priorities, gather requirements, and design and develop solutions to meet business objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as a subject matter expert on content, processes & procedures associated with SAP Java Developer tools.
- Provide technical solutions to end user incidents and problems.
- Work closely with Application Support leaders to identify root cause problems and solutions to reduce incidents and drive down overall application support costs.
- Develop and/or enhance systems to meet business partner requirements.
- Develop, prototype, test & implement solution improvements to increase stability, usability and functionality to enable end users to meet business objectives.
- Articulate vision, selection criteria, and rationale for preferred solution during projects/process change reviews.
- Collaborate with representatives of other SAP functional areas and legacy systems to ensure end to end process integration and consistency.
- Identify opportunities to enhance existing business operations using new SAP functions as a replacement of legacy systems and manual effort.
Required Length & Type of Experience:
- 3+ years SAP Java Development
- Experienced with all aspects of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and provide effective problem solving and communication skills
- Experince working with on/off shore application support and project resources and teams
- Experience in SAP BPM & BRM, Web Dynpro JAVA, EJB, Web & Data Services and Hibernate development projects
- Experience in development and maintenance of projects in SAP NW Portal & CE , SAP NWDI , NWDS & DB2
- Hands on development in SAP composition environment of Modeling & Managing Business Processes & Rules, Service Interfaces & Service Groups Configuration, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) Management.
- Technical expertise in Portal Apps Development and their Administration (System, Content & User), Web Dynpro Java, Visual Composer.
- Experience in trouble shooting and developing apps in SAP Knowledge Management & Collaboration.
- Excellent proficiency in AS JAVA Installation and Administration, TREX, Business Package ESS/MSS/ISA, and Security Configuration.
- Experience in configuring and developing SAP Portal for MDM and using MDM APIs to read and update data into MDM using custom programs.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to understand the business needs and deliver prompt, efficient, quality service to the business; works to anticipate, identify and meet end-user needs; drives outward results and ensures high-quality standards are met
- Ability to apply different strategies to convince others to change their opinion or plan, and wins support from others for ideas; is able to build support with peers without direct lines or reporting across a matrix organization
- Creates relationships with new acquaintances quickly and confidently; works to build trust and partner with stakeholders; successfully manages both internal and external relationships
- Ability to cross train in other Java or non Java technologies that are applied for different kind of solutions that meet business requirements and help improving business process efficiency.