The Project Accounting Analyst has overall responsibility for the financial management of a sub sea production control system project including profitability performance, integrity of accounting records, internal financial reporting, external financial reporting, risk management, compliance with internal and external policies, contract compliance, subcontract management and client satisfaction. The primary roles are to drive project profitability performance and ensure integrity of financial data for reporting purposes
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Manages project cost accounting functions and financial analysis for a standalone subsea production project including but is not limited to: invoicing; tracking/expediting payments; tracking of variation orders and rebaselining project budgets resulting from variation orders; preparation of quotations for additional work phases; monthly and quarterly reporting on project financials including a quarterly full life EAC.
• Full understanding of the contractual requirements/ financial responsibilities for a large EPC Contract.
• Manages financial transactions for a single subsea project, to include: tracking and reporting processes for consistent execution of projects and enforcing financial policies and procedures required to ensure the integrity of financial data and reporting.
• Supporting annual audits in the various locations impacted by the project, ensuring accurate books and records and maintained.
• Manage and report project cash flows inclusive of currency impacts and potential currency hedging.
• Reports monthly and quarterly project financial status to Regional Finance Director and Project Director in a timely manner with emphasis on outstanding issues, potential changes, and adverse trends or risks, and financial metrics including EBITDA, margins, S-curves, economic value added, indirect cost, etc.
• Supports the Management of Change process to identify and record all scope changes and the impact on cost, schedule and quality.
• Responsible for the timely and accurate development of the project budget and work breakdown structure and subsequent estimates as well as analysis of actual results. This requires planning, organizing, and following-up on data required to meet both external and internal reporting requirements and due dates. This will encompass a variety of tasks and requires a widespread knowledge of the operation, as well as general product knowledge.
• Management and development of the project finance team in order to achieve all the above goals and targets.