STA Travel is the worldwide leader in travel for students and young adults, increasingly reaching out to an audience beyond the student only demographic.
STA Travel carries around a million passengers a year generating a turnover in excess of $1 billion. The business has a strong retail tradition with more than 300 branches worldwide,and is now seeking to considerably increase its online business and is therefore consolidating and strengthening its Online teams globally and locally.
We are now recruiting, for our office in Cluj-Napoca: Pricing Analyst.
As the world’s largest student and youth travel agent, we need to ensure we remain competitive in our pricing so that we achieve passenger growth and commercial overrides. Further, we need to ensure that we provide a compelling price proposition to our customers to buy from us. The position of Pricing Analyst is a critical role in our business given you will monitor key routes to optimize our pricing strategies. Whilst tracking consumer habits is an important aspect of the pricing analyst’s job, you must also observe the internal costs of a product or service as part of your analysis. You will work closely in partnership with our retail business to deliver online conversions and drive demand targets. You will provide reports to our Head of Pricing to ensure we drive tactical responses to market fluctuations whilst balancing the revenue needs of our business.
Key Accountabilities and responsibilities:
* Work with cross functional teams (air, product, retail, digital) to define floor, target and and ceiling pricing limits on our products;
* Monitor key routes as directed by the business to ensure our product proposition is comparable to that of the market;
* Make necessary changes to our product proposition in line with levels of authority and as directed by Head of Pricing or equivalent;
* Identify pricing trends and provide analysis to feed into our overall pricing strategy;
* Keep a log of pricing trends by day, week and month on key routes by airline, to assist STA Travel with pricing predictions;
* Monitor airline activity on pricing levels to ensure that STA Travel is competitive with airline offerings;
* Monitor industry activity, online travel agencies, sales, special offers and other tactical campaigns to ensure that STA Travel remains competitive in the market;
* Assist retail business with queries on airline pricing to ensure retail stores can locate online airfares and quote same price;
* Monitor STA Travel website for price differences, errors and report to appropriate authority for the rectification.
Desired skills and experience:
* Currently studying or have acquired a qualification in marketing, online, IT, or mathematics
* This is an entry level role and training will be provided. You may have up to a year work experience in a previous occupation within a similar line of work;
* Analytical skill is a requirement;
* Research, competitor activity and recommendations are a plus;
* Good communication skills both written and verbal;
* Good mathematical skills will be required and need to be demonstrated;
* Problem solving skills and ability to work within a defined set of boundaries and decision making matrices.