Powertrain Evaluation Engineer
Anzahl der offenen Stellen
Diese Stelle ist nicht mehr aktiv, aber Sie können Ihre Bewerbung senden
Company General Information
TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation.
Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs overpeople.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by people and more than 60 nationalities,
Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
Team / Division Description
Research and Development (R&D) in Europe is responsible for the planning, the development and the production of attractive, superior quality cars matching European market requirements.
TME Powertrain Evaluation departments' responsibilities are :
• Evaluation of Powertrain (engines & transmission) that are produced in Europe. The team’s task is to make sure that the power train system is meeting all technical targets: performances (Power, torque, fuel consumption), reliability (durability, ..) and functional.
• Investigation of new European technologies. After investigation we make and propose concepts for application in future vehicle projects
You will contribute to TOYOTA Trans/Mission system improvement for European market challenging design for future TOYOTA development. As engineer in Drivetrain design, your main responsibility will be :
The successful completion of Drivetrain parts development:
• During the prototype phase, you will drive the development process of locally-developed parts. Continuously supporting the suppliers in their development. You make sure the development is finished on time and meets all Toyota's requirements. For parts developed in Japan, you are the liaison between our mother divisions in TMC and other European parties (assembly plants, suppliers)
• During the production-preparation phase, the formal design responsibility is handed over to you. You make sure production parts achieve expected performance levels and solve any workability issues in the assembly plants
• During each step of the development, you will focus on cost-reduction and remain vigilant that the parts performance is matching European customers' expectations.
• To investigate new European advanced technologies in your responsible area. In case a promising technology is found, you will set-up a pre-development study. If successfully concluded, you propose the technology for application in Toyota’s future vehicle.
• Conduct functional & durability test on test bench TME
• Coordinate & manage functional & durability test sub-contracted to supplier
• Coordinate & manage component parts evaluation
Master in mechanical or automotive related engineering
Excellent knowledge of function and requirements of all engine components
Able to perform technical study, understanding technical specification or drawing
Good skill of data acquisition. (Vibration, Stress, Temp measurements,…)
• Must be able to effectively communicate in English (written & spoken).
• Must be able to manage his job and time and work independently.
• Must be able to work in an international team cooperating with other department of TME, TMC (Japan) and suppliers.
• Required computer skills: Word, Excel, Power-point, (Matlab, Labview, Simulink, is an asset)
• Owner of a driving license