The British Embassy in Bucharest is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas. The British Embassy has opened a new round of its internship programme and is looking to recruit for two positions to start in April 2018. The internship will be a 12-month full-time position with 6 month spent in the Political section, and 6 months in the Communications section, by rotation.
The programme will offer opportunities for personal development such as:
- Tailored on the job training and individual personal development plan;
- Monitoring by a British diplomat;
- Exposure to high level events;
- Opportunities to participate in cross-team projects and acquire new skills in areas such as Strategic Thinking, Communication and Influencing, Collaborating and Partnering.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Drafting reports on political developments and letters as required;
- Attending and reporting on political conferences and seminars;
- Support on arranging visits for UK officials to Romania;
- Translation from English to Romanian and vice versa;
- Compilation of the daily press review;
- Updates to the embassy social media channels;
- Contribution to public events;
- Maintenance of databases and audio/video equipment.
Application deadline: 15 March 2018.