At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world. Are you ready to be a change-maker?
Learn what makes YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination. Join us today.
We are one of the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers, with about 40% of the world’s mobile traffic carried through our networks. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world.
Together, in Romania we create a culture of innovation, constantly transforming to find new ways of working. Opened in, the Global Site in Bucharest is one in only four all over the world, the only one situated in Europe and a vital component in Ericsson’s global services organization. The Romanian site currently counts on a team oftrong professionals and enthusiastic young specialists and is developing constantly to meet customer needs.
As Oracle DBA you will be involved in all phases of the DB development and maintenance lifecycle; working towards properly engineered information systems, containing software as the major component, to meet agreed business requirements.
Main accountabilities – you will:
• 3nd line of support activities (Event and Incident handling and resolution);
• Install DB Patches (as part of planned maintenance releases or hot fixes);
• Tune Database Performance;
• Back Up the Database (plan creation and maintenance);
• Regularly evaluate the Database Server Hardware;
• Access Control for the Users (design roles to grant appropriate privileges);
• Contribute to the Database Design;
• Apply & maintain recovery procedures;
• Create and update procedures in order to give other engineers the necessary tools to guarantee the stability of the environment within the agreed service levels;
• Consultancy and expertise on the solution provided to other internal groups.
• Oracle Database Administration (10g, 11g and preferable 12c);
• Work experience gained in companies and projects in IT, telecommunications, industrial, etc. with an autonomous organization of IT operations;
• Large scale databases and real-world performance troubleshooting;
• Advisor for design and / or testing of software applications;
• Knowledge of English spoken and written at a level sufficient to maintain relationships with colleagues and corporate organizations with which it is connected;
• Pro-active person, with the necessary drive to create and maintain the Applications capability;
• Relevant degree or above in telecom, IT or electronic engineering;
• Flexible in changing work patterns and demands;
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal;
• Ability to work within a global, remote workforce;
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
What we offer
Contact person: Daniela Vladulescu