Operations Engineer (m/f) in Karlsruhe (GERMANY)
Mittlere Stufe (2-5 Jahre)
Established in 2004, Tipico is the sports betting market leader in Germany. Headquartered in Saint Julian's, Malta, Tipico offers a wide range of pre-live and live sports betting products delivered through cutting-edge mobile and online channels as well as through a top-class portfolio of approximately 1100 retail outlets in Germany and Austria.
At Tipico's technology division we are open-minded, multicultural and passionate about delivering pioneering software on various platforms. Our teams are cross-functional, self-organized and dedicated to success. We stick to our dynamic culture which fosters creative thinking, end-to-end responsibility and innovative visions.
Our Tipico Technology entity in Germany (formerly named Booxware) has been recognised as #1 in Germany for Work-Life Balance by Glassdoor!
For our main Technology location in Karlsruhe (Germany) we are on the hunt for self-driven individuals who want to join us because they like being challenged and love to work in a highly collaborative and agile environment.
- Supervising, steering and guaranteeing the operation and high availability of the eBet applications and infrastructure
- Implementation of software-based processes to integrate new virtual or physical machines in the existing landscape
- Maintenance of the application infrastructure, especially with regard to the implementation of corrections and updates (Lifecycle and change management)
- Analysis, resolution or escalation of security issues or failures in the infrastructure (Incident Management)
- Creation and maintenance of technical- and business-related documentations
- Design and implementation of Quality Assurance measures
YOUR KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Computer Science Studies or related programs and at least 4 years of relevant professional experience
- Expertise in the operation and administration of Linux-based environments, complex networks and application servers
- Knowledge of Unix, system-related tools and script languages, as well as in the field of configuration management
- Experience in monitoring (Zabbix, AppDynamics, Icinga and Elasticsearch)
- Expertise in automation / Shell Scripting (Cron, Python, Chef)
- Experience in network security (Firewall, Load Balancing, Content Distribution Networks)
- Experience in deployment techniques and tools (Git / Bitbucket and Chef)
- Affinity for the integration and operation of highly critical and available systems and innovative technologies
- Agile mindset, ability for teamwork, ability to cope with pressure, problem-solving competency
- Strong communication skills in German and English
YOUR BENEFITS AT TIPICO
- Start-up feeling in a high-volume business and working in an exciting growth industry
- Trainings (internal/ external) and further qualifications programs
- National, as well as international, company and team events
- Relocation Support