Location: Valencia, Spain
Position: Operations Bridge Operators
Duration: Initial 6 months, renewable depending on performance and work volume
United-ITs is looking for an Operations Bridge Operators for one of its clients in the United Nations. The International Computing Centre (ICC) was created in 1971 as an inter-organization facility to provide electronic data processing services for organizations within the United Nations system. The objectives of the Centre, as stated by its mandate, are to provide information and communication technology (ICT) services (including training) on an inter-organizational basis.
The successful candidate will provide on-going support to ICC Operations Bridge Operators and related services and will participate in the automation projects and tasks for ICC and Partners.
Event Management and monitoring:
• Provide event management and monitoring in a distributed and mainframe environment through the use of various monitoring technologies.
• Identify, resolve, or escalate event notifications which may impact systems availability.
• Provide monitoring and support for batch jobs.
• Perform moderate incident analysis via monitoring technologies and predefined process documentation and workflows.
• Provide moderate resolution support to various teams.
Service Desk function:
• Receive and respond to customer support requests.
• Open service tickets and initiate escalation procedures.
• Monitor incident resolution time and notify responsible parties of possible deadline breaches.
• Participate in the training of Bridge Specialists and provide guidance and consultation as required.
• Document and maintains enterprise monitoring procedures and standards.
• Write infrastructure or service status reports on agreed daily, weekly or monthly frequency.
Perform other duties as assigned.
The Operations Bridge is a 24x7 Service. It is a requirement that candidates perform the activities in shifts and be proficient in English.