The British Embassy in Bucharest (BE Bucharest) is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking for a New Media & Visits Officer to provide support for high-level visits, political objectives and digital/online media for its Political & Comms sections.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Coordinate inward/outward high level visits. Arrange and coordinate programmes and transport plans, deliver well-planned detailed programmes and lead on logistics, in cooperation with other team members;
- Support for wider political objectives. Work closely with the political team, help set up calls and assist with reporting and research. Political team members all need to be flexible and ready to step into new areas at short notice to support colleagues at particularly busy times or as priorities change. Provide cover for senior political officers as required;
- Support political officers with developing project concepts and offer logistical support for project implementation (events and related corporate payments) under the guidance of senior political officers. Maintain the embassy's network of contacts across British charities and NGOs active in Romania.
- Manage embassy social media and online channels (Facebook, Twitter, online blogs etc) ensuring good coverage for events and priority issues. Monitor social media channels and report impact data. Coordinate and produce digital content, including video (using Adobe InDesign, Adobe Premiere Elements, photo and video editing programmes);
- Assist communications team with general administrative tasks, including corporate payments (online annual subscriptions), management of contacts databases, and other admin responsibilities as required. Assist and coordinate with the production of branding products (business cards, flyers etc);
- Contribute to public diplomacy projects under the coordination of senior media and press officers for all areas of interest for the embassy (including political, trade and defence engagements etc). Assist senior officers with media monitoring and reporting (including daily press review) as required. Provide cover for senior media officers required. Coordinate responses to public inquiries (email, social media, letters).
The closing date for applications is 14 March 2018.