Network Operations Engineer - $2500/month (REMOTE)
Mittlere Stufe (2-5 Jahre), Höhere Stufe (5-10 Jahre)
Englisch - fortgeschritten
Diese Stelle ist nicht mehr aktiv, aber Sie können Ihre Bewerbung senden
Come work with the top 1% of global talent to deliver critical enterprise apps for Fortune 500 companies. We offer a fast-pace environment where inventiveness and entrepreneurial drive are rewarded. We’re also one of the few IT companies offering high-paying jobs that are 100% remote, work from home. You never have to fight traffic to office again and you have the freedom to choose when and where you put in your 40 hours to be most effective each week.
What do we need from you?
As a Network Operations Engineer, you will:
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and correct server and network issues
- Proactively and reactively develop and document procedures for problem resolution
- Create and maintain tools, alerts, and scripts to monitor and administer our deployed networks and software
- Perform advanced system administration, including phased installs of proprietary software across our deployed networks
- Develop and provide training to Operations and Engineering personnel on a variety of operational concepts and procedure
- Serve as liaison cross-functionally, representing the Operations group to isolate problems, quickly achieve resolution, operationalize products, and facilitate the deployment of software
- Track progress of issues using trouble tickets through resolution and effectively communicate to others with a clearly documented log
- Participate in on-call rotation
Total compensation is US$15/hr for a full-time, 40-hour work week.
What we need to see in your background
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent network operations experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience with operating system concepts, including UNIX system administration or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years of experience with implementation and support of large, complex, IP-based networks or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 years experience with SQL, PERL or Python, UNIX shell scripting in order to support network and provide automation of new and existing tools
- Minimum 3 years of experience with advanced networking and Internet principles including routing, client/server programming, design of consistent network wide file system layouts
- Minimum 2 years of experience with project engineering or equivalent experience
- Can-do attitude and comfortable to take on challenges outside comfort zone
- Experience with managing cloud-based infrastructure (Amazon EC2, AWS, other)
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational skills, and a demonstrated history of high-level achievement in cross-functional organizations
- Ability to triage, prioritize and resolve issues quickly
HR / Payroll domain knowledge
FTP / Scripting
CCNP® Data Center Certification
MCITP Server Administrator
Github, GIT, Bitbucket/Stash
Nice to Have:
To qualify, please provide a resume/CV demonstrating the required experience and skills. From there, to help us find the top 1% of talent, there will be a series of interviews and online skills examinations. We realize these are challenging and can require a decent amount of time - so we thank you in advance for your efforts. Please note that you will not be paid for these interviews or skills tests but we hope you will complete them to help us truly evaluate your talent in comparison to your peers.
Are you up for the challenge?