Did you know that more than half the people in the world now have a mobile phone? That's 5 billion people! It took 100 years to connect 1 billion places and 25 years to connect 5 billion people. The next step is connecting things. Ericsson enables innovative ways of doing business and shaping the future together, as well as a renewed approach to global challenges such as education, healthcare, climate change and our use of natural resources.
We are undergoing a continuous transformation process to achieve our Networked Society goal. Together, in Romania we create a culture of innovation, constantly transforming to find new ways of working. Thanks to our employees’ curiosity, determination and proactive approach, our technologies have transformed and shaped the future. Opened in, the Global Site in Bucharest is one in only four all over the world, the only one situated in Europe and a vital component in Ericsson’s global services organization. On a day to day basis, the Center services global customers across the globe, managing networks that, together, enable 200 million subscribers to communicate. The Romanian site currently counts on a team of 1,900 strong professionals and enthusiastic young specialists and is developing constantly to meet customer needs. We are passionate about social causes (having a strong Brand Ambassadors Team) and sports (over 20 teams participating in major competitions). Find out more about us and our story in Romania on .
Ericsson is world’s leading provider of communications technology and services. Our offerings include services, consulting, software and infrastructure within Information and Communications Technology.
Using innovation to empower people, business and society, Ericsson is working towards the Networked Society: a world connected in real time that will open up opportunities to create freedom, transform society and drive solutions to some of our planet’s greatest challenges.
We are truly a global company, operating across borders in over 180 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture and an innovative and engaging environment. As an Ericsson employee, you will have the freedom to think big and the support to turn ideas into achievements. Continuous learning and growth opportunities allow you to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to progress and reach your career goals. We invite you to join our team.
We connect the world’s content to audiences everywhere. This we do through an agile, innovative and flexible technology infrastructure with world-class operating models. We operate in TV markets all over the world and with some of the strongest brands in the industry. We work with both public service broadcasters and major commercial clients including the NPO, SBS, RTL, BBC, NBC, ITV, C4, Canal+, TF1 and many clients in France, Germany, Belgium, the Netherlands, Russia and China among others. We work with local market channels, pan-European channels, global channels and every combination in between and we understand the complexities of each.
The Network Engineer is a hands-on role responsible for the delivering of low-level designs and integrations from the EBMS hubs and will work closely together with the Sr. Network engineers, Enterprise architects and subject matter experts.
The role requires you to be the actively engaged in project teams and together with your team members work on documentation, change plans and implementation.
Main Responsibilities and tasks:
The ideal candidate will be well experienced across multi-vendor technologies and environments, including firewalls, proxies, remote access and intrusion prevention. The dynamic nature of the business means you will be involved in a large number of new project opportunities and associated technologies.
As an integral member of a small team of highly skilled engineers, the successful candidate will be working alongside technology architects and key technical staff to assist in the lifecycle of new client services, from design and development, through to implementation and on-going support.
• Network professional with significant experience
• Able to juggle multiple tasks with deftness and attention to deadlines.
• Culturally fluent and able to engage people from a range of backgrounds and cultures
• Work proactively
• Highly comfortable with web, IT
• Preferable have an interest in New media and broadcast technologies
• Keen to learn and proactive attitude
The post holder should exhibit experience and skills in the majority of these areas:
• Hands-on network experience in a large, structured, enterprise environment;
• Good experience in and strong knowledge of a range of network and network security platforms ( JNCIS/CCNP level ) on Platforms including:
o F5 Products including LTM / GTM;
o Juniper or Cisco ISP & Enterprise Routing/Switching;
o Juniper or Cisco Security appliances;
o Bluecoat appliances.
• Good understanding of:
o TCP/IP and networking technologies/protocols;
o In specific ISIS, OSPF, BGP, MPLS, L3VPN;
o Network supporting systems like DNS, NTP;
• Basic understanding of Linux/Windows is a must
• Experience of working in an ITIL controlled environment.
• Proven track record of customer liaison and fault management with experience in a support and/or NOC environment.
• Be part of design and development, through to implementation and on-going support;
• Carry out issue investigation, troubleshooting and remediation, including root cause analysis;
• Experience of working under pressure in a dynamic and fast-moving technical environment;
• Highlight areas of concern, and ideas for improvement, when there is the belief that systems or services could be impacted or improved.
• Perform firmware/software upgrades to all deployed security technologies on a regular basis to ensure the most appropriate level of security and functionality is maintained at all times.
• Clear knowledge and drive to Automate standard tasks.
• Implement and maintain security policies as defined by the Information Security Manager.
• Assist in the development of current operational processes and documentation or creation if they currently don’t exist.
Team Member Duties:
• Drive and implement solutions;
• Configure/integrate solutions to network;
• Maintain a stable and optimized network;
• Acton continuous improvement plans;
• Provide technical support to customers;
• Taking part in escalations for incidents;
• Contribute to the training and awareness of current and new staff;
• Participate in the out-of-hours on-call rotation, providing professional technical support to the business;
• Receive and resolve incidents and Service Requests (SR’s) via the incident management tool while adhering to the associated SLA;
• Attend meetings relating to the on-boarding of new systems, clients, stakeholders into Technology Support.
• Delivering detailed LLD documents;
• When required raise Change Requests via the service management tool;
• Implement changes (non-standard changes during change windows);
• Document standard operating procedures, diagrams, and training materials for use by the team.
To ensure professional growth, Ericsson offers a stimulating work experience that allows you to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to reach your career goals.
In the Romanian Center we are well known for providing:
Req ID: 225709
Contact person: Daniela Vladulescu,