As the world’s leading Telecommunications Company, we’re proud to help millions of people in every corner of the globe connect, whether through texting, talking, working, swapping pictures, watching movies...
Vodafone Shared Services empowers its people to create value for Vodafone by providing the expertise and insight to drive business transformation, deliver high quality and efficient operations, and enable Vodafone to operate with speed, simplicity and trust.
We invite you to join us and start building a career with us!
As a Software Developer – Machine to Machine (M2M) you will be responsible for the development of various M2M products, services, features and framework modules and the development testing. You will work with Product Manager and Business Analysts to understand Business and Technical requirements specifications that can be used to turn proof-of-concepts into customer quality software products.
M2M – What does it mean?
Machine to Machine (M2M) refers to technologies that allow both wireless and wired systems to communicate with other devices of the same type.
M2M is considered an integral part of the Internet of Things and brings lots of benefits to industry and business having a wide range of applications such as industrial automation, logistics for monitoring but also for control purposes.
- To deliver M2M software and manage all aspects of software deployment and continuous integration.
- To provide time and effort estimates for implementing allocated technical specifications.
- To contribute to delivering a consistent and effective end to end delivery road map.
- To contribute generating domain level deployment specifications that can be used to baseline multi-countries.
Education: University degree
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
- Strong interest in software development for internet, mobile and/or communications technology.
- Strong interest to work in an international environment and fast-moving innovative environment.
- English (B2 or above).
- Any other foreign language an advantage.
Must have Technical / professional qualifications:
- Oracle Applications Portfolio (Oracle Webcenter, Fusion Middleware and RDBMS)
- Web technologies: HTML, XML, Web Services – at least one
- Mobile Operating Systems & Software development: Java, C/C++/C# - at least one
Nice to have Technical / professional qualifications:
- Educated to BSc degree level in Telecommunications or related discipline with Test &Software Development experience ( .: AGILE )
- Communications Stack, Interfaces & Protocols: IPv4, IPv6, TCP, UDP
- Requirements Modelling: UML.
What we offer:
• Private medical and dental care insurance;
• Life insurance;
• Dedicated employee phone subscription;
• Special discounts for gyms and retailers;
• Project specific training;
• A youthful and multicultural working environment with dedicated professionals and great development opportunities.
Don’t miss this unique opportunity to enjoy a high challenging profile role, to progress in your career and to develop experience within a world leading and multinational organization.
Vodafone Shared Services Center is part of a Global Services Center and will cater for Vodafone operations in different countries, as well as for the Vodafone Group. Our success comes from the outstanding people that make it happen for our customers every day!
We’re at our best when you’re at yours!
Power to you
***Note: We thank all those who apply; however, only those selected for further consideration in the selection process will be contacted.