KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT COORDINATOR
Mittlere Stufe (2-5 Jahre)
Diese Stelle ist nicht mehr aktiv, aber Sie können Ihre Bewerbung senden
• BS degree in Engineering
• Fluent in English
• At least 3 years of process automation project experience
• General knowledge of DeltaV: hardware and software
• Detailed knowledge of current Emerson technical standards, engineering processes and tools
SUMMARY OF ROLE:
The Project Management Office (PMO) is charged with driving the productivity and consistency of our project delivery capability. A major part of this effort is the development and deployment of engineering productivity standards and tools, consistent with international standards and accepted best practices.
Recently the PMO has launched a new initiative related to knowledge management. The objective is to capture specific knowledge and best practises, organise these in a structured and accessible way, and deploy these in Communities of Practice, such that the knowledge is available to the global engineering community to help them to deliver faster, more consistent and better quality results.
This functionality has been deployed on the ProjectsPortal platform. This is a global platform that – apart from the Communities of Practice – also contains the PMO project execution processes, standards and templates plus lot of other information relevant for the projects organization.
The primary objective of this role is to coordinate all the community owners and other content owners, to collect and structure all knowledge and drive a consistent deployment on the ProjectsPortal platform. The second objective is to coordinate the development, hosting and support activities around the ProjectsPortal platform.
The Project Management Office provides its team members with exposure to the global Process Systems and Solutions (PSS) organization. Being part of the PMO grants the ability to provide direct input on the formation of future business processes and tools, helping us to become a truly global and efficient project delivery organization.
This position is best suited to applicants that have some years or experience in a PSS projects environment.
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Work with the global engineering centres to -
• Determine what knowledge useful to capture and share
• How to structure these in Communities of Practice
• Appoint and coordinate the owners for the Communities of Practice
• Advise on the type of content that is to be shared with the project organization
• Act as the primary contact for the ProjectsPortal platform
• Take functional ownership of the various knowledge management functions that are developed and deployed on ProjectsPortal, like social media type features, methods to display content, search and filter functionality etc.
• Act as the interface between the users and the PMO, IT and the Support Team
• Work with other Emerson teams (. Technology, specialist’s teams) to host content that is relevant for the projects organization on ProjectsPortal.
• Categorize, structure and organise the knowledge such that information is easily searchable and accessible for the various consumers
• Determine the best deployment model for our knowledge and facilitate the deployment
• Provide support to the consumers when they are in need for information about specific applications
• Any other duties consistent with the position and grade, in line with PMO objectives, as requested by the line manager.
• Operate within the Emerson standards for loss prevention and ethics.
Emerson is a global leader in bringing technology and engineering together to provide innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and consumer markets around the world. Founded in 1890 in St. Louis, Missouri (USA), Emerson delivers solutions through five business segments: Process Management, Industrial Automation, Network Power, Climate Technologies, and Commercial & Residential Solutions. With sales of $ and more thanemployees in over 150 countries, we have a customer-focused, results-driven culture where employee performance is recognized and rewarded.
Visit us at: