Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things.
Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
The Global Services System Integration Europe Organization is accountable for the System Integration portfolio performance within Europe. This portfolio comprises of SI services for Nokia products, extended services around Nokia ecosystem, selected standalone system integration propositions, and advanced E2E prime integration services. These Services cover customer network-wide solution implementation and network solutions transformation, including multi-BD and 3rd party products.
With the creation of a Flying Force team we want to introduce a cost effective centrally managed, flexible, powerful and high responsive E2E and cross domain Solution Delivery Capacity in all countries where our European Customers are located. The Flying Force team will be hosted in the Global Services Delivery Organization (Romania as prime location, Portugal as fallback) and managed by the SI Europe E2E Integration function.
Mission and responsibilities:
The Delivery Services assigned to Flying Force resources span the complete project delivery lifecycle and are mostly executed in Customer lab- & field deployment environments.
Flying Force resources are customer facing and actively contribute to build a high level of customer satisfaction by delivering according expectations, and by developing a trusted technical relationship with customer engineering and operational teams.
The Junior E2E SI Engineer is gaining his first experience in his technology domain. He starts building knowledge following detailed instructions. He will be coached on a day-by-day base by (lead) SI Experts to boost his integration knowledge. He starts with the integration of 1 network element of a solution, followed by interfacing with a 2nd element and further, gradually gaining E2E insights.
Example of tasks assigned:
- Configure and Integrate products (bear metal or cloud environment) into an E2E solution, perform E2E qualification tests to validate the functionality.
- Integrate and Verify interoperability of products and subsystems from multiple vendors used within the sold customer solution
- Perform Solution Integration tests and maintains the integration and the consistency of the solution over the whole project cycle
- Control and manage the platform & lab configurations. Maintain & Track the evolution of the Solution configurations along the project lifecycle
- Provide initial analysis for the defects, track these defects and verify their resolution in Solution environment
- Ensure the solution performs as designed by Validating the E2E functionality and by giving the base for a final acceptance by the customer.
- Guidance of acceptance tests in the customer premises.
- Develop an E2E Integration and test strategy taking into account scope, time, cost and quality constraints of the project, including Nokia and 3rd Party inputs and considering the customer acceptance strategy.
- Review and assess that the High Level Solution Design effectively translates customer requirements into a workable solution, meeting customer requirements and ensuring design integrity.
- Design and Execute the technical migration of the Solution: prepare all the configuration data required by the migration process, execute the procedures of migration, fit the new system into existing (deployed) technical environment, manage the roll back when it is required.
- Assist in the risk assessments on projects, Identify (and Execute) mitigation actions to limit the impact.
- Manages technical relationships with 3rd party suppliers and Nokia business groups and customer operations teams to integrate the solution with existing networks, platforms, support and business systems.
- Bachelor's and/or Master's degree in Computer Sciences, Computer Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Telecommunications or equivalent. General knowledge of telecommunication and information technologies.
- Advanced level of English language skills (French is a plus);
- Available for international travel.
- Analytical skills to analyze requirements and functional specifications, understand High Level Design Documents and able to develop Low level Design documents
- Ability to prepare project related documentation such as Low Level Design, Validation Strategy, Test Specifications and plan, Methods Of Procedures, Acceptance Test Plan, etc…
- Experience, or the willingness to build up experience with test automation tools, simulators, etc…
- Good troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter, demonstrates a ‘can-do’ attitude and open to learn new things.
- Strong communication skills and comfortable in discussing ideas and solutions with others
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Customer focused, team player, highly interested in technology evolution
- IP networking and Internet technologies
- VoIP technologies
- Operating systems and commercial Databases
- Cloud skills (Openstack or VmWare, Docker, microservices, …)
- Network troubleshooting and analysis tools, . Wireshark
- Unix scripting
- Competitive remuneration package.
- An excellent opportunity for further career development.
- A chance to use and develop your language and technical skills and gain experience in an international environment.
- Technical trainings.
- Friendly and professional working environment.