Small Iasi area based IT Outsourcing and Technology Consulting firm seeking experienced or entry level Support Engineer for contract work.
Work is a mixture of onsite and remote support.
This is a full time contract position.
Who We Are:
We are an IT Outsourcing and Technology Consulting firm, specializing in the SMB marketplace. Our clients rely on us to meet their day to day IT needs and to be trusted advisors in the IT realm.
Responsibilities range from troubleshooting help desk support issues to implementing Windows based systems, including Small Business Server, Exchange, SQL server and Terminal Server. You will be providing clients with various technical services pertaining to networks, workstations, remote computing, communications, and Internet solutions. Participation in proposal content, product research and sales meetings with prospective clients may be required.
Ideal candidate will be an IT generalist with experience in PC based client/server networking and, in particular, Microsoft based technologies. Candidates must have hands-on networking experience and the ability to work remotely in an efficient manner. Candidates must possess outstanding communication and interpersonal skills and have the ability to work independently. Excellent listening and analytical skills are essential, along with the ability to remain calm under pressure while working in a focused manner.
• Comprehensive understanding of operating platforms, connectivity, security and information storage,
• Knowledge of Windows.
• PC hardware/software and networking knowledge (including servers) a must.
• Candidate must have a car, valid driver's license and be willing to travel on a daily basis within the area.
• Minimum experience in maintaining, troubleshooting and supporting various technology environments.
• Candidate must be a self-starter with a genuine interest in finding the proper IT solutions for clients.
• The ability to arrive at a set time and respond to clients in a timely manner is essential.
• Candidates must have an ability to work in a variety of environments, have excellent follow-up skills, and provide detailed documentation.
• Knowledge of Layer 3 switching, routers, firewalls, and OS X or Linux a plus.