IP Microwave Network Engineer
Mittlere Stufe (2-5 Jahre), Höhere Stufe (5-10 Jahre), Führungskraft (>10 Jahre)
Diese Stellenanzeige ist nicht mehr gültig.
Start date: ASAP
Duration: 6 months extendable
Location: Bucharest, Romania – Travel to France at the start of September for Knowledge Transfer (Flight / Accommodation will be expensed back to client)
Rate: €20 - €25 EUR per hour all inclusive (depending on experience)
We are urgently looking for freelance engineers (subcontractors) experienced in IP Microwave networks/links Design, Implementation and Acceptance.
Please do not apply on this position if you don't have the required skills/competences!
The end client is a provider offering broadcasting services for Digital and HD TV, digital Radio and Telco providers.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
• Implement and optimize IP and Microwave network infrastructure for broadcasting digital TV and Radio, and/or create links (point to point or point to multi-point) on Ethernet, within existing guidelines and procedures
• Implement and optimize radio (FM, AM) and video transport, Ethernet point-to-point and point-to-multi-point transport
• Planning implementation activities conforming to HLD/LLD within the framework of existing processes and procedures
• Build, configure, optimize, and accept new network elements during for activation of new services or capacity upgrades with a minimum of disruption of the availability of the service
• Perform Radio links Design and planning, using available Tools.
• Perform Radio links profiles and feasibility Vs AGL and AMSL layers, using available Tools
• Use and update Customer Tools and Databases
• Prepare changes in the live network of the operators.
• Prepare IP and Microwave node configurations based conforming to available templates
• Deliver input and recommend technical improvements and reporting to Technical Managers, Project, Performance and Quality Managers
Required Skills/ Competences/ Qualifications:
• Preferably Bachelor’s/ Master’s Degree in Engineering (Computer Science or equivalent experience) or combination of related education and experience
• Experience in IP and MW Planning and Design on Telecom based networks
• Working knowledge of any Microwave planning related tools
• Good understanding of operator business drivers and technologies in the IP and MW network areas, as well as in TV and Radio Broadcasting domain
• Basic knowledge of MPLS, IS-IS, MPBGP, OSPF, L3VPN, L2VPN; MVPN; VPLS, PSW; E-LAN, E-VPL, E-LINE; SNMP; VLAN; Ethernet
• Basic knowledge of QoS in IP networks
• Basic knowledge of routers/switches and IOS
• Basic knowledge of optical technology- WDM
• Basic knowledge of audio coder/decoder
• IP Certifications on Juniper and/or Cisco is a plus.
• Working knowledge of Alcatel-Lucent routers/switches and corresponding OS; SAM NMS is a plus