Part of Vodafone Group, Vodafone Shared Services Romania is a center of excellence offering Technology, Customer Service, Fraud and Security Services to Vodafone clients from several markets around the world.
We've opened for business in Romania in 2014 and we have ambitious plans for growth. We have reached 800 colleagues and counting.
Vodafone Shared Services Romania is a welcoming place for everyone as we pride ourselves with offering genuine Global Experience.
Your day to day:
This role is part of the new VSS IT team within Vodafone Shared Services (VSS). Contributing directly to one of Vodafone’s core values being “innovation hungry”, the Innovation & Research Specialist explores technology trends for shared services industry and evaluates them in terms of business benefits for Vodafone Shared Services.
The broad range of technologies investigated includes, but is not restricted to areas such as office IT services, Information Security, Business Continuity Management, Workforce Management, networks, productivity tools and service management tools. The Innovation & Research Specialist also supports team colleagues, who are focused on process automation and robotics. In the end every technology trend with the potential to drive efficiency gains for VSS is investigated by the Innovation & Research Specialist. In addition to research topics proactively driven by the Innovation & Research Specialist, the role also picks up individual requirements from the VSS business lines.
For the most promising technology trends the Innovation & Research Specialist drives an in-depth feasibility assessment together with VSS business partners and develops marketable prototypes. In case certain new technologies are selected for rollout to the broader VSS organization, the role engages with the IT Delivery Manager to set up the implementation project.
With these activities you will have a great impact on our business:
• Research a broad range of new technologies for shared services industry aimed at driving efficiency gains across the VSS organization.
• Analyze the potential of technologies trends in terms of business gains for VSS, create high-level financial assessments and business plans.
• Owns solution design for innovation and robotics and manages solution prototyping.
• Collects business requirements and translates them into technical solutions.
• Actively collaborate with key suppliers and partners to understand their product roadmaps and technology changes.
With these skills you are a great candidate:
• 4+ years’ experience as subject matter expert in technologies for shared services.
• Strong technical or engineering background.
• Strong knowhow of the latest digital technologies, trends, standards and products (. Robotic Process Automation, Cognitive Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Virtual Assistance).
• Passion, ambition, results-focus and eagerness to challenge the status quo and drive change in the organization.
• Excellent, proven, analytical skills - both quantitative and qualitative.
• Ability to interact with both business and technical teams and good skills in translation of business ideas/concepts into a clear scope document that the Technical teams can then execute on.
• Expert communications skills (verbal and in writing), ability to explain the complex ideas into simple concepts and ability to influence at Director Level.
• Consulting background, preferable but not mandatory.
Sounds like the perfect job? We’ve got even more to offer:
• Work from Home – You can get to work remotely from anywhere you choose!
• Medical and dental services
• Life insurance
• Dedicated employee phone subscription
• Special discounts for gyms and retailers
• Annual Company Bonus
• Ongoing Education – we continuously invest in you to ensure you have everything needed to excel on the job and enhance your skills
• You get to work with tried and trusted web-technology
• Getting in on the ground floor of an technology changing company
• Flexible Vacation – Take time off when you need it, we trust you
We’re at our best when you’re at yours
Power to you
We thank all those who apply; however, only those selected for further consideration in the selection process will be contacted.
We are welcoming all applications from the persons who have the legal right to work in Romania.